Sugar Land, TX, US
Sugar Land, TX, US
Skills: Chemical Engineering, Chemist, Geochemist
Experience: 5 + Years
Location: Sugar Land, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Principal Chemist in our WellChem Group located in Sugar land, Texas. If you are a dedicated individual with a proven track record of success we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering competitive base rates and benefits.
Location: You will work in our Fresno, Texas plant until the summer of 2017. At that time this group will be moving to our corporate offices in Sugar Land, Texas.
The successful candidate will carry out state-of-the-art research toward the development of new materials for drilling, completions, and well stimulation. While the emphasis for this position is fluid rheology, other desirable skills would be synthetic development, colloidal & interfacial science, and related techniques. The individual will work closely with other development scientists, marketers, and external salesmen towards project goals and follow up through product scale-up, manufacturing, and field evaluation.
- PhD in polymer engineering, polymer chemistry, physical chemistry or chemical engineering or B.S./M.S. in related field with at least 5-7 years of experience
- No Immigration Sponsorship available
- No relocation provide
- Scientist with strong research background in physics and rheology of polymer solutions
- Product development of high molecular weight water-soluble polymers for use in industrial process applications
- Experience in physical property-based performance evaluations of high molecular weight, water soluble polymers
- Ability to study flow behavior and rheology of entangled polyelectrolytes in solution state
- Ability to guide structure activity optimization in close collaboration with our synthetic and applications experts
- Optimizations of our product formulations to improve product characteristics such as: concentration, stability, and dissolution
- Ability to flourish as part of a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional team in a multi-tasking environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, must be capable of communicating results in publications and presentations at conferences and customer meetings
- Ability to travel; typical maximum travel requirements are 10% and may include domestic or international travel
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2015 sales of $13.5 billion and 47,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com.