Skills: Contracts Administration
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: London, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler are currently recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to support the Project Quantity Surveyor with the general management of all commercial activities within the UKPN Alliance Project in the South East of England (Surrey, Kent & Sussex) for the Transmission and Distribution part of the business. T
- Ensure cost control is maintained on a project basis throughout all functions (procurement, delivery, design etc)
- Involvement with the PQS in change control on a project basis
- Developing, maintaining and administering the commercial elements of temporary works schedules and associated Sub-Contractors
- Responsible for collation, interpretation and analysis of project commercial records
- Assisting in the production of monthly cost & value forecasts, including monthly of the project (summary) review reports
- Assisting in the production of project earned value reports and associated pain/gain share substantiation
- Assisting in management of project Sub-Contractors
- Involvement in the production of Early Warning, Compensation Event, Quotation, etc submissions.
- Remain compliant with processes and procedures on a project basis
- Support the Project Manager in respect of both project and commercial deliverables
- Liaising with the Accountants to ensure correct cost reporting
- Support and champion the delivery of the AMEC Foster Wheeler values and associated KPI’s.
- To work within established AMEC Foster Wheeler policies and procedures
- Promote AMEC Foster Wheeler values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with AMEC Foster Wheeler ethos
- To demonstrate safety, integrity & commitment at all times
- Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business
- To undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs
Skills / Qualifications
• An appropriate degree or working towards an appropriate degree in commercial and / or business management.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.