Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is executing a contract with to provide technical assistance in the development of a Road Authority, Road Fund, and Transportation Institute within the Afghanistan government’s Ministry of Public Works (MOPW). The contract started August 2014. The project has been very successful in attaining all objectives but unfortunately we lost our COP recently and must backfill immediately.
The Lead Project Manager / Chief of Party (LPM / COP) position is a full-time assignment based in Kabul. The LPM / COP will report to the lead AMECFW USAID Program Manager and have the authority and responsibility to administer and manage the activity under the Contract. The COP shall serve as the primary point of contact between USAID and the Contractor and shall have the ability to speak on behalf of the Contractor. Specific responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Technical leadership for and supervision of consultant staff
- Close coordination with USAID and its Afghan stakeholders on project direction and priorities as well as presentations as the program delivers advisory services and support
- Quality control and timeliness of all deliverables
- Preparation or supervision of technical memoranda and reports
- Review of all financial and logistical information on a periodic basis
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) with a technical, capacity building or policy focus
- At least 15 years applied international development experience in program / project management, change management, policy development / reform
- Adept knowledge and demonstrated experience of working with government officials in Afghanistan and a broad range of stakeholders involving public works types of programs
- Excellent teamwork and diplomatic skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The successful candidate will work as an Amec Foster Wheeler employee within our program leadership team which includes Kabul-based Activity Managers and related staff in the areas of Road Authority, Road Fund and Change Management as well as technical advisors and home office technical and administrative staff.
This position is a full-time position with all our staff based in a hosted and controlled work and residential compound in Kabul. Travel outside of Kabul will not be allowed. All Amec Foster Wheeler standard and US Government approved benefits and allowances will be provided throughout the full term of this contract.
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.