Skills: Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Canada
Corrpro Canada is looking for Temporary Assembly Technicians to join our team in Edmonton, AB. These positions will have start dates in October and run until December, 2016.
Corrpro Canada, an Aegion Corporation company, is Canada's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro Canada has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure.
As an entry level Assembly Technician with Corrpro Canada, you will gain knowledge and experience in a niche industry through the manufacturing of cathodic protection rectifiers and related products. This experience will open up the doors for the many different career opportunities that Corrpro Canada has to offer you!
- Electrical wiring of all rectifier units. Specially designed custom units may require Supervisory assistance.
- Assembly of components on the electrical panels as required.
- Assembly of all Junction Box Panels as required.
- Organization and cleanliness of the shop floor to ensure that a safe working environment is maintained.
- Assembly/ population testing of printed circuit boards as required.
- Two year Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology diploma an asset
- Combination of equivalent education/ work experience will be considered
- Basic understanding and knowledge regarding components on Bills of Materials
- Strong mechanical skills required
- Maintains a safe working environment
- Bring a positive, "can do" attitude to the position
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and medical testing