Skills: Business Development, Marketing, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Denver, CO, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow?- A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you-re looking for.
Establish and administer corporate supplier diversity initiatives. Provide guidance, consultation, and training on supplier diversity to effectively maximize the corporate utilization of small, minority, and women-owned businesses in order to meet or exceed suggested corporate goals and expectations. Manage the annual regulatory reporting requirements with local, state and federal agencies. Develop and manage collaborative strategic relationships with corporate business units, suppliers, customers, stakeholders, and public and community organizations/groups to expand corporate presence and present a positive image of Xcel Energy. Position will also supervise regional supplier diversity specialists.
- Direct the integration of supplier diversity initiatives into corporate strategy and culture. Monitor, consult, and develop corporate-wide supplier diversity process improvements. Coordinate with key personnel to encourage increased MWBE utilization and to assist in identification of eligible suppliers to be considered.
- Manage and maintain company compliance reporting (local and federal) and data collection. Develop and maintain database ensuring MWBE are in compliance and meet criteria to participate in supplier diversity program.
- Establish and maintain local, state and national relationships that champion supplier diversity. Actively participate in organizations, councils, and other activities pertaining to MWBE. Respond to MWBE supplier inquiries and connect with appropriate contacts within the company.
- Manage and establish MWBE goals for corporation and Business Units. Analyze company's procurement to determine opportunities for MWBE's. Prepare timely reports documenting program progress toward established goal.
- Supervise regional Supplier Diversity Specialists to ensure effective local and regional deployment of supplier diversity processes and establishment and maintenance of relationships with MWBE suppliers and local and regional organizations that champion supplier diversity.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Public Relations or Marketing (6 years experience in related field may substitute for the degree)
- 5 years experience in supply chain management with 2 years experience developing and implementing supplier diversity programs
- Previous management experience of at least two years
- Experience with federal, state and local regulations and requirements related to supplier diversity
- Willingness and ability to participate in events during non-normal work hours and travel required
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- CO - Denver