Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lagos, Nigeria, Nigeria
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
TECHNICAL MANAGER (Multi-discipline, INCLUDING Onshore and Offshore topsides design) - Lagos, NIGERIA
Oil & Gas Industry
Salary: USD$10k - USD$14k pcm negotiable (Flights and Accommodation / Meals provided by the Company, access to driver provided).
An international organisation with its business interests spanning Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, Operation and Maintenance for Oil and Gas Facilities, Upstream/Downstream Operations, Power Generation and Distribution Services has a vacancy for TECHNICAL MANAGER at their site in Lagos, Nigeria.
10 - 15 years' Engineering experience within the Oil and Gas sector (onshore and topsides offshore). Candidate must have a business degree from a recognized University in Engineering, Sciences or related discipline essential.
The successful incumbent will independently lead and manage the engineering function and manage a team of multidiscipline engineers for various onshore EPIC/fabrication/multidiscipline construction projects from bid tender stage, through FEED, Detailed Design and execution phases. Responsible for organization, delivery and integrity within engineering function.
· To enhance processes and procedures in the current engineering function and create new processes and procedures to cater for large value EPC projects.
· To lead a team of multiple discipline design engineers and draughtsman in the proper execution of engineering related activities for various projects.
· Involvement in detailed design calculations, preparation of engineering data sheets & specifications, shop fabrication drawings and troubleshooting of design problems resulting from shop and field capabilities.
· Pre-award activities such as preliminary design, preparation of tender drawings and material take-offs, cost estimation of material, plant & preliminaries, collaborating with commercial / procurement in preparation of quotation, material sourcing & vendor development.
· To liaise with clients and handle queries and clarifications for the various engineering disciplines.
· To work closely with the project management team and ensure proper execution of the job within the specified scope.
· To manage the design issues with the sub-contractors and ensure compliance with the client design.
· Occasional site visits in delta region
· Must have onshore and offshore topsides experience as Engineering Manager in a large EPC company or on EPC projects.
· Must be capable of leading multiple disciplines and effectively interface with all disciplines in-house and with those of the client.
· Must have excellent design related skills in terms of interpreting designs and to help the design team produce working or production drawings effectively.
· Must have handled fabrication and installation projects.
· Fully conversant with international codes eg: ASME, PD 500, TEMA, API, BS, IEC's, NACE, ANSI etc.
· Hands on experience with design handbooks and Shell DEP's is an advantage
· Experience in design and software packages.
· Planning and organizational skills
· Problem solving & decision making
· Developing and mentoring people
· Managing operations & information
· Team building skills
· Previous experience working in Nigeria is strongly preferred
G&S Recruitment Services Ltd operate two divisions. Our main operation is in the supply of personnel to Australia to the Oil & Gas, Mining and Construction markets , offering permanent work and thereby offering an alternative work /life balance that may seem but a distant dream. Working with our Australian partners affiliated to the Australian Federal Government we can providea seamless Visa process for self and family.
Our UK operations are primarily based on the supply of quality permanent candidates to the Energy markets, particularly focusing on Oil & Gas and Renewables.
We strive continually to be the most professional of agents , keeping you fully informed at all stages, we will not send your details without permission.