Skills: HR - General
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
The chosen individual will perform Human Resources related duties at an entry level and will work under close supervision, given specific direction. Duties will involve working with day-today administration of policies and programs covering staffing, compensation and benefit, training, employee relations, compliance, and other administrative functions as assigned.
This position involves:
- Functioning as the HR liaison to employees on all general inquires.
- May assist with recruiting scheduling.
- Assisting with the preparation of employment letters.
- Conducting new employee orientations – must be familiar with the benefits, policies and procedures of the company.
- Providing assistance to employees by answering general questions that relate to benefits and employment.
- Processesing background checks as may be required and acts as the main contact with the vendor.
- Coordinating employee health fairs and employee memberships.
- Assisting with conducting exit interviews for departing employees to ensure the necessary company property is returned and all paperwork is finalized.
- Consulting with management on positions or situations requiring special handling.
Skills / Qualifications
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Exhibits confidence in self and others
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others
Able to organize and prioritize work
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma with some college or HR coursework and/or degree preferred
- Should possess 1-2 year’s experience
- A minimum technical experience, including responsibility for maintaining computer systems or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Background in employment law and other government compliance regulations is preferred.
Must be legally authorized to work in the USA for any employer other than current employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.