Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a site-based HSE Advisor, preferably with significant experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry, to work for us in Stanlow, Ellesmere Port. The HSE Advisor will assist the Amec Foster Wheeler Construction Management team and Client HSSE Manager to deliver a world-class safety performance on the project, for a period of 11 months.
You will be expected to work closely with the various construction contractors to ensure their understanding of, and performance against, the requirements of the project HSSE Management System.
The project is based across various locations within an operating plant so experience of brownfield sites, operator Permit to Work Systems and the full sweep of construction disciplines, e.g. Civil, Structural, Piping, Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation, etc., is highly desirable.
Skills / Qualifications
The required HSE Advisor will be able to demonstrate:
- Good communication skills
- The ability and desire to engage with and coach construction operatives in safe work practices, etc.
- Experience in the use of;
- Live plant Permit to Work Systems
- Behavioural based safety systems
- Web-based data management systems
- OSHA Recordkeeping requirements
- Basic computer skills, (e.g., comfortable using the Microsoft Office suite, e-mail, etc.)
- For preference, the HSE Advisor should be qualified to NEBOSH Diploma standard and have worked in a similar role within the oil & gas industry
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.