Skills: Geoscience Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Junior Geotechnical Engineer in Training (EIT).
- Geotechnical engineering on a wide variety of projects including commercial, industrial, mining, riverbank stabilization, infrastructure and others
- Construction monitoring on projects including riverbank stabilization works, excavations, subgrade inspection, shallow foundations, pile monitoring (cast-in-place concrete, driven pre-cast concrete, driven steel, driven timber, etc), PDA, embankment performance monitoring, etc.
- Geotechnical drilling and soil logging
- Installation and monitoring of geotechnical instrumentation such as slope inclinometers, standpipe, pneumatic and vibrating wire piezometers, settlement plates, etc.
- Assisting project managers geotechnical / materials staff on a wide range of site investigations
- Preparation of field reports, and assisting with preparation of geotechnical reports and proposals
- Data reduction, analysis and design including slope stability, seepage and settlement modelling, WEAP, LPILE and CAPWAP, etc.
- Willingness to travel within Manitoba, although other opportunities for travel across Canada including working in conjunction with other Amec Foster Wheeler offices are available depending on the motivation of the individual and specific project needs
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
- Six months to 2 years of relevant experience which can include previous summer or co-op employment terms in geotechnical / materials engineering, engineering consulting, geological fieldwork, earthworks construction or remote resource development work
- Currently registered or eligible for registration as an Engineer in Training (EIT) with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent written and oral communication (English) skills
- Willing and physically able to lift and hike in rugged / remote terrain conditions
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to a variety of project sites
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.