Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Alpharetta, GA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking an AP Specialist (Vender Team) for our Alpharetta, GA. office.
Accurate audit and timely input of new vendor setup requests, vendor maintenance and EFT setup requests using the BST System and ImageNow. Careful attention to detail to ensure vendor master record data integrity. Validation of tax information prior to processing. Also ensures prompt response to vendors, offices and management. Responsible for ensuring the required information and backup is provided.
- Working the SharePoint Vendor Site
- Thorough audit of submitted Vendor Setup / Maintenance Forms and associated tax form backup, etc.
- Timely and accurate input of Vendor Setup / Maintenance Forms in BST and through to ImageNow
- Thorough audit and timely processing of submitted EFT Request Forms from vendors and employees
- Validation of tax information provided with vendor setups and reactivations using RealSearch and the Canadian Revenue sites
- Working the Vendor Setups mailbox to ensure prompt response to inquiries
- Maintain accurate vendor code records and follow all company policies and SOX requirements for review and approvals
- Assist with audit responses and special projects as required
Skills / Qualifications
- BA / BS in Accounting / Finance or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of high volume vendor setup and maintenance processing in a corporate accounts payable environment
- Thorough understanding of various requirements during vendor setup including PWP, terms, FEIN, remit information, EFT processing and SOX compliance / requirements
- Experience working with internal and external auditors
- Solid understanding of general accounting practices, data analysis and strong accounts payable processing
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with employee, management and vendors
- Research and problem solving abilities
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Work well independently, demonstrating initiative and follow-up
- Past experience in a professional service organization (e.g. engineering and consulting) is preferred
- Willingness to work overtime as responsibilities and deadlines dictate
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.