Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Level Engineering Consultant to develop, plan, and manage environmental investigations, engineering studies and remedial construction projects. Specifically, the role will involve a co-located assignment at our client’s corporate headquarters working closely with both our co-located staff and the client’s remediation group to advance a number of complex remediation projects. General responsibilities will include project scope development, analysis, technical review, report writing, and project management. If you have a successful track record in environmental investigation, remediation, and client advocacy, and if you thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you. This individual will work under the supervision of a principal-level or associate-level professional.
The project will demand substantial client interaction in technical presentations, meetings, and development of technical work products subject to both client review and regulatory agency approval. The role will support a number of currently active projects from initial studies through the final stages of remediation, with frequent interface with Amec Foster Wheeler project teams supporting the work from our Hamilton, NJ office and Jersey City project office.
The individual will report to, and work closely with, Amec Foster Wheeler’s Jersey City program Engineering & Construction lead. The individual will be housed in Morris Plains, NJ in our client’s offices with 4 other Amec Foster Wheeler staff. The role is especially interesting and challenging in its requirements for technical accuracy, prioritization of tasks, level of direct client interface, legal involvement, and degree of teamwork to achieve decision-making and overall project goals.
- Provide technical input, oversight and input for the environmental remedial projects and associated deliverables (plans, reports, letters, presentations, meeting documentation, etc.), including client SOPs, company standards, contract requirements, regulatory approvals, etc.
- Proactive interaction with clients and stakeholders
- Prepare and review project cost and schedule information
- Work cooperatively with other Amec Foster Wheeler offices and technical resources
- Some site visits and travel to the key project sites in the vicinity of Jersey City, NJ will be periodically required (site meetings and site inspections, but not field execution)
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Geology or related field
- 8-10 years of experience in environmental engineering and project management
- Strong work ethic and high degree of flexibility and patience to adjust to changing work priorities
- Familiarity with environmental remediation programs and roles / preferences / requirements of regulatory agencies
- Professional Registration or Certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to draft precise documentation
- Working knowledge of NJDEP regulations and guidance a plus
We are committed to the continuous improvement of the health, safety and environmental performance of our people and projects.
Are you ready for a rewarding career with Amec Foster Wheeler? Join us now!
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.