Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for Revit Technicians to join our team based in Newcastle on a contract basis. Working on a variety of interesting projects encompassing Government, Energy, Commercial, Industrial and Infrastructure. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Revit Technician to join a supportive and friendly team and to help in the production of Revit Models and CAD drawings for all stages of design.
Working with an already established team of engineers and Revit/CAD technicians, you will work closely with colleagues of various disciplines, you will produce and supervise coordinated 3D BIM models using Revit and will also produce detailed 2D CAD general assemblies and mentor more junior CAD staff in the use of Revit/CAD.
Skills / Qualifications
Having already gained relevant qualifications (or equivalent educational base for an Engineering Technician) and gained strong practical experience of AutoCAD based design and drafting in a similar engineering design office based role.
In order to be considered for this Revit Technician role you will;
- Have gained a HNC/HND (or equivalent) in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Be proficient in Revit, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Have gained strong, practical experience of using Revit in a similar building structures focused role
- Be proficient at planning and organising workload
- Have strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Have excellent presentation skills
- Be familiar with working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be happy to provide guidance to Junior Technicians
- Have experience of working on a range of projects from a variety of sectors
If you have the right experience and skills, and are keen to contribute to an enthusiastic team delivering quality projects, we will be pleased to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.