Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
Position is responsible for working with the business unit leader to integrate quality with the operation and the associated business unit strategy and key performance indicators.. Utilize the QMS & related tools/processes to identify areas for improvement that can accelerate business results, reduce COPQ with the ultimate goal of implementing operational excellence. The quality plan for the business unit will be incorporated into the overall business strategy and aligned with the corporate quality strategy.
- Key aspects include: 1) reviewing business unit processes, measures, and results to identify the improvements needed to achieve the critical business objectives, 2) Identify critical to quality requirements.
- Work with the Shared Service Regional Quality leader to determine the resources needed in each region to implement the BU quality plan. Define the skills & competencies required to integrate quality with the business.
- Provide guidance and governance to business unit’s functional leadership in applying operational excellence principles and tools to drive sustainable business improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with key Sr. Operating personnel to ensure the QMS is based upon business needs and is aligned with the strategic plan.
- Ensure requirements that are critical to quality (CTQ’s) are defined, understood and are aligned with current capabilities and are managed to ensure conformance and minimize risks.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our Customer quality requirements.
- Manage/develop controlled processes that are based upon items deemed Critical to Quality (CTQ’s), and Critical to Process (CTP’s), providing consistent results.
- Develops & implements the cost of poor quality reduction strategy through improvement in process control and capability.
- Manage/conduct quality based risk assessments to determine the criticality of activities performed, and the competence of affected employees.
- Develop process metrics to measure and monitor progress and to identify when counter-measures are required to achieve CTQ’s and CTP’s while reducing the cost of poor quality.
- Utilizes the smartsolve on line system to manage the fundamentals of quality assurance, provides meaningful data to the business leaders to drive improvement and align with the strategic direction.
- Manage/conduct root causes analysis and risk assessments, to drive improvement, reduce the cost of poor quality and improve efficiency.
- Provide guidance and governance for change management to ensure processes controls and capabilities are not adversely affected.
- Develops budgets, determines staffing requirements / allocation of available resources
- Include supplier quality process into the overall improvement plan. Identify supplier quality priorities based upon the risk and overall business needs and impact. For critical suppliers, implement supplier development plans focused on capability related to CTQs.
- Align goals with the strategic x-matrix plan of the business, based on the cost of poor quality, customer feedback, process metrics, risk assessments, nonconformance analysis, internal audits, and other outputs of the business unit’s processes.
- Coach team members and project leaders in applicable improvement methodologies based upon the needs to the business, i.e. DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control), TapRooT, Kaizen events, continuous improvement and leadership tools.
- Collaborate with business management and improvement teams to identify improvement opportunities and establish project goals, strategies, metrics and priorities.
- Validate that financial, operational and customer improvements are accurate and sustained.
Depending upon the volume of business the position, may directly supervise employees in Quality Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
*Education and/or Experience *
- Degree in quality management
- Organizational development
- Engineering or related field desired
- Significant experience in process improvement or quality management
- Supplier management with an emphasis in process improvement.
- Six Sigma, Lean Management certification desired
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, Enovia, PDM, and Smartsolve.
Travel up to 50% of the time
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Global Business Unit Quality Manager
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Job ID: 11185
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.