Skills: HR - Recruitment
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chesapeake, VA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
Working under limited supervision, the Recruiter is responsible for sourcing, attracting, identifying, and qualifying potential candidates. The Recruiter also navigates the hiring process with new hires.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with Hiring Managers to source, recruit, screen, and attract top talent.
- Establish client relationships and develop local, regional, or national recruitment, marketing, and communication strategies to attract top talent.
- Search and screen resumes from PeopleSoft HR application and resume databases.
- Use creative methods for talent acquisition, including discipline-specific job boards, social media, and networking.
- Participate in interviews, including preliminary phone interviews and in-person interviews before presenting final candidates to Hiring Managers for consideration.
- Develop relationships with military bases, college campuses, technical schools, and career centers to increase pool of candidates.
- Coordinate and attend job fairs and other recruiting and networking events.
- Develop sourcing strategy to ensure efficient, cost-effective recruitment processes while minimizing advertising costs, the length of time a position is open, and the total number of vacancies in the division.
- Conduct job analysis and salary analysis to determine required criteria and staffing needs for open positions and appropriately negotiates offers with candidates.
- Manage internal and external job postings and advertisement functions by creating and posting job openings to intranet, OII website, and other external sites.
- Maintain the Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Program affiliation.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree with HR concentration or related major. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in a full cycle, high volume recruiting position.
- Understanding of state and federal employment laws.
- Ability to recognize top candidates and determine position fit across all levels of business.
- Strong negotiation skills and selection techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a customer-service focus.
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Must be able to travel locally in the Hampton Roads area.
- PHR, SPHR certification.
- Experience in the ship repair industry.
- Experience recruiting for trades/engineering/technical positions is highly desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Recruiter
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Job ID: 11215
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.