Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: Chemical Engineering, Chemist, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world-s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Toxicologist - Chemical Hazard Analysis Specialist
The position requires thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices, and procedures of toxicology, biology, chemistry and the hazard assessment procedures outlined in the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS).- The successful applicant will provide support and expertise to internal and external parties to facilitate the hazard classification of chemicals and regulatory submissions for the use of existing and new chemicals and biocides.
The successful applicant will work as part of a global Product Stewardship group.- The applicant will research available toxicity, ecotoxicity, physical & chemical characteristics, evaluate the weight of evidence and complete an initial hazard classification of chemicals. The applicant will also lead meetings to review the hazard classifications and determine the final classification for each chemical substance.- The applicant will also assist in SDS creation, create documents to protect confidential business information and ensure chemical products are in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Research available scientific literature to obtain references and information on the physical, chemical, and toxicological properties of chemical substances.
- Interpret tests, surveys, analytical results, toxic substance bioassays, and other scientific data.
- Assist in determining appropriate chemical surrogates to fill data gaps for specific chemicals.
- Examine the weight of evidence to determine the initial classification of chemical substances.
- As part of a Global Product Stewardship Team participate in chemical hazard classifications
reviewlead meetings with other technical professionals.
- Provide input to create chemical and biocidal dossiers for registration with appropriate governmental agency.
- Assist in the preparation of technical reports, data summaries and proposals for customers and regulatory agencies.
- Monitor, interpret, and communicate regulatory issues that will impact chemical classification or use of a product.
- Lead and participate in teams to develop, implement, document and improve work processes, procedures, and practices.
- Based on business need conduct and document substance level compliance assessments for the sale, distribution and use of chemical products within a jurisdiction.
- Submit documentation to protect company confidential business information, as needed.-
- Support Safety Data Sheet (SDS) authors for mixture hazard classifications and toxicology.
- Partner with Legal team and business units, as needed, to develop regulatory strategies and address regulatory questions or concerns.
- Assist EHS colleagues and support activities as necessary in all EHS areas including SDS creation, Chemical hazard assessment, Product Stewardship, Toxicology, and Product Compliance.-
Education and other requirements:-
- Master-s degree (Ph.D. preferred) in a relevant field such as Toxicology, Industrial Hygiene, or related technical field required
- 3 minimum years relevant Product Regulatory work experience required
- Preferred: 6+ years of experience in Toxicology or Product Stewardship role in-chemical or petroleum industry
- Must have working knowledge of GHS hazard classification, preferably in various jurisdictions
- Requires working knowledge and experience in chemical hazard assessment
- Requires proficiency in MS Excel and technical writing
- Previous experience with SAP and WERCs preferred
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 22730
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: HSE
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.