Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Pune, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Description: The User Experience Designer (UXD) will provide visual User Interface and interaction design support to ensure that the systems Schlumberger deploys are approachable, efficient and engaging for our user population. The ideal candidate has a passion for user-centered design and has a wide breadth of experience across multiple types of products, channels and design methodologies.
• Referencing style guides apply color, type, icons, interaction design, information design, and visual hierarchy to translate sketches and wireframes into high fidelity comps and prototypes.
• Create and maintain an icon library for desktop, web and mobile applications.
• Help maintain and evolve patterns and style libraries as necessary.
• Help skin wireframes and provide wireframe and prototype iteration and annotation support as needed.
• Identify gaps between the current and the ideal user experience. Continuously challenge the effectiveness of current designs, recommending changes, as appropriate.
• Use your graphic design and information design skills to enhance User Experience presentations and deliverables such as storyboards, personas, user journeys, info graphics and research presentations.
• Stay current on design software, web and usability standards.
• Review applications for adherence to User Experience guidelines.
• 1+ years professional design experience; with a focus on digital design and branding preferred.
• Understand interface and interaction design principles as they relate to web sites, desktop applications, handheld devices, and environments.
• Strong visual design skills and thorough understanding of how typography, layout, color, images, interactivity, and motion impact design.
• Understand branding as it relates to user experience.
• Ability to think strategically as well as creatively and conceptually.
• Must have strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines.
• Extremely detail oriented, flexible to change and self-motivated.
• Strong ability and desire to work in a collaborative manner.
• Ability and desire to adapt design tools and methodologies to a fit for purpose User Experience approach to align with various development practices, project sizes and scopes, and User Experience maturity across organizations.
• Advanced understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices.
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Axure.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.