Skills: Graphics Design
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Pune, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The User Experience Manager will oversee user experience research support to ensure that the systems Schlumberger deploys are approachable, efficient and engaging for our user population. The ideal candidate has a passion for working collaboratively and iteratively within a multidisciplinary team using proven methods and techniques to help drive innovation and continuous improvement.The ideal candidate has a passion for user-centered research and has a wide breadth of experience in both qualitative and quantitative methods for generative and evaluative research.
• Manage UX research support requests.
• Work with User Experience Center of Excellence to define transcription requirements and templates
• Oversee transcription and tagging ensuring highest standards.
• Oversee and participate in initial theming.
• Assist with analysis and report creation of user testing.
• Support various types of research activities, including early design concept testing, rapid iterative testing, eye-tracking, remote testing, surveys, site visits, benchmark studies, usability test.
• Work closely with Houston based team to identify additional offshoring support opportunities.
• Continuously challenge the effectiveness of design, recommending changes, as appropriate.
• Identify gaps between the current and the ideal user experience to drive innovation focus and purpose.
• Serve as a subject matter expert on user research methods, usability best practices, user-centered design, and our end-users.
• Manage end-user recruiting, partnering with business to identify and recruit end-users for involvement throughout the design process.
• Promote User Experience and usability throughout the technology center.
• Develop and manage internal research and usability capabilities, including hardware, software, templates and other assets used for testing.
• Bachelor’s in Human Factors, Interaction or Product Design, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, or related field (or equivalent professional experience); Masters preferred.
• 5+ years experience applying research to interactive design.
• Advanced understanding of user-centered design user research methodologies including quantitative and qualitative techniques for both evaluative and generative research.
• Demonstrated experience leading different kinds of User Experience research activities.
• Proficient in Micro office products, Camtasia, Morae or similar products and have working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience with remote testing (moderated and unmoderated).
• Ability and desire to mentor and lead team members.
• Ability and desire to coach and train non User Experience professionals.
• Experience working with cross functional teams within large, complex, corporate environments.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines.
• Extremely detail oriented, flexible to change, high tolerance for ambiguity and self-motivated.
• Must be comfortable making decisions independently as well as within a team.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.