Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Production Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Saudi Aramco, long known for its leadership in oil exploration, production, and refining, is seeking experienced professionals to join the growing Unconventional Resources exploration efforts.
We have an immediate requirement for experienced Petroleum Engineer with relevant unconventional expertise. Of primary interest is experience in hydraulic fracturing, completion design and production optimization. Consider the opportunity to join our team and help shape the future of the unconventional resources exploration and producing in Saudi Aramco!
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring appropriate well completion designs, cost-effective fracturing programs tailored to numerous reservoirs, and studies on related projects. As a Petroleum Engineer I, the incumbent will also be a resource as a technical mentor to other Production Engineering staff and fresh graduates within the team.
Within guidelines provided by the Unit Supervisor or Division Head, incumbent will be involved in aggressive field development plans with a high level of drilling and completion activities together with analyzing and optimizing performance of horizontal, multi-frac wells in addition to:
•Own the quality and implementation of optimization tools.
•Own the water chemistry issues.
•Work closely with the Surveillance organization.
•Provide input to pilot design and interpretation.
•Implement industry best practices and exchange of learnings with other similar unconventional gas assets.
As the successful candidate you will hold a bachelor's degree in petroleum engineering. A master's degree will be an advantage.
You will have a minimum 8 years of extensive production engineering experience together with experience in unconventional resources or HPHT/tight gas with a strong understanding of hydraulic fracturing.
You will be familiar with simulation software such as Prosper, Saphir, WellCat, and MFrac (or equivalent) with the ability to perform nodal analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be required to perform production engineering duties, including:
• Design well completions and propose alternatives if required.
• Design and execute quality assurance/quality control, and perform post-job analysis for acid and proppant fracturing treatments.
• Determine the optimum production rate for wells.
• Perform studies and projects assuring adequacy and conformance to the overall objectives of all phases of problems in areas, including stimulation, production, well design, and testing programs, reservoir flow properties and fluid studies.
• Own the quality and implementation of optimization tools.
• Analyze and resolve water chemistry issues.
• Working closely with the surveillance organization, you will plan, monitor, and validate surveillance activities for wells to ensure well integrity.
• Provide input to pilot design and interpretation.
• Conduct flow assurance analysis.
• Monitor corrosion and resolve paraffin scaling issues.
• Utilize artificial lift to increase the productivity of wells.
• Conduct nodal analysis.
• Implement industry best practices and exchange of learning's with other similar unconventional gas assets.
There’s no better place to Dream Big than Saudi Aramco. As a global leader in the energy industry with over 54,000 employees, the sheer scope and scale of our operations – and vision – mean we can offer you the perfect environment in which to realize your career potential.
With a career at Saudi Aramco, a global leader in the energy industry, you’ll provide the invaluable support that keeps our business moving forward. From exploration and production to refining and distribution, the scale and complexity of our operations means your expertise will get the full exposure it deserves. So just imagine the possibilities for development. We have the model for generations of sustainable energy. But it all begins with a huge investment in your expertise. The limits to what you achieve are up to you.
Learn more about the amazing rewards, lifestyle and benefits that come with a career at Saudi Aramco.
Careers site for European & Asia Pacific applicants
Careers site for US & Canadian applicants