Skills: Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Saudi Aramco has a world-class Unconventional Resources (UR) program and is seeking experienced professionals to join this program. There are immediate needs for Reservoir Engineers who have experience in UR reservoirs, with field development experience, and who understand reservoir characteristics, reserves and field economics to optimize unconventional plays.
The incumbent will provide engineering functions that will integrate with multidiscipline teams and be a major component of an unconventional organization to ensure its success. Saudi Aramco is a world leading E&P company and offers unique opportunities for unconventional reservoir engineers to realize and develop their full technical potential. Consider joining our team to help influence the future of significant global UR development.
Candidates will have a strong background in field development planning and execution, reservoir characteristic analysis, reserves and economic evaluation experience in UR and will have the ability to mentor and develop young reservoir engineering talent.
A B.S. degree in Petroleum Engineering or a related science as appropriate to the required discipline. An M.S. degree is preferred.
A minimum of 10-20+ years of applicable unconventional experience with strong field development planning and execution, reserves and economic evaluation experience in UR.
Duties and Responsibilities
Field Development and Reservoir Management:
• Create, design, optimize and update field development plans for UR plays.
• Coordinate all functional inputs to the projects and integrate with assets to ensure all requirements are met prior to execution.
• Document all future drilling locations for the next drilling cycle as part of the field development plan.
• Understand development of resource plays and the requirements to increase efficiency, improve operational efficiency and lower full-cycle economics.
• Interact with assets and communicate regularly with critical functions of multidiscipline teams, and coordinate their input in a timely manner.
• Well design for optimizing recovery.
• Reservoir and production surveillance.
• Integrated testing and flow back behavior.
• Postmortem analysis (drilling, completion/stimulation and production).
Reservoir Engineering Analysis and Techniques:
• Tailor reservoir models to unconventional reservoirs - evaluate analytical and numerical simulation models to determine how to calculate EUR estimates more accurately and optimize field development planning in UR.
• Production forecasting in unconventional reservoirs - optimize decline curve analysis and rate transient analysis to increase the accuracy of production forecasts in UR.
• Rate transient analysis, pressure-volume-temperature and flow regime analysis for unconventional reservoirs - optimize unconventional reservoir analysis techniques to improve well performance diagnostics and EUR calculation reliability.
• Use reservoir models to determine the optimal well spacing - combine reservoir models with EUR calculations, production forecasts flow regime analysis to determine subsurface spacing for unconventional wells.
• Completions optimization from the reservoir engineers perspective - utilize reservoir modeling, production forecasts and early production data to ensure the right decisions are made on completions design for each unconventional well.
• Economic analysis of potential development projects for drilling, completion/stimulation, facilities and field development.
• Authorization for Expenditure (AFE), project, portfolio and business plan, decision and risk analysis, and expense management and accruals/budgeting.
There’s no better place to Dream Big than Saudi Aramco. As a global leader in the energy industry with over 54,000 employees, the sheer scope and scale of our operations – and vision – mean we can offer you the perfect environment in which to realize your career potential.
With a career at Saudi Aramco, a global leader in the energy industry, you’ll provide the invaluable support that keeps our business moving forward. From exploration and production to refining and distribution, the scale and complexity of our operations means your expertise will get the full exposure it deserves. So just imagine the possibilities for development. We have the model for generations of sustainable energy. But it all begins with a huge investment in your expertise. The limits to what you achieve are up to you.
Learn more about the amazing rewards, lifestyle and benefits that come with a career at Saudi Aramco.
Careers site for European & Asia Pacific applicants
Careers site for US & Canadian applicants