Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Develops audit programs, leads and/or conducts internal reviews and audits. Assists management in the examination of financial and operating controls and procedures to provide comments and recommendations concerning activities reviewed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participates in the planning and execution of audit work; reviews the work of assigned audit staff to ensure sufficiency of scope and accuracy, and timely completion of audits.
2. Reviews and appraises the adequacy and the application of financial and operating controls to ensure company objectives are met.
3. Examines assigned activities of areas of the company to determine the extent of all compliance with company policies, plans, and procedures and rules of regulatory authorities.
4. Evaluates, to the extent possible through the audit process, managerial effectiveness in attainment of objectives.
5. Prepares written reports of audit results and reviews the results with appropriate management personnel; makes recommendations for the correction of problems noted during the audit and follows up on audit recommendations to ensure implementation.
6. Actively seeks the development of new or improved procedures or ideas which will improve overall profitability and efficiency of the company.
7. Evaluates training needs of staff auditors; enhances development of entry level auditors by providing fundamental knowledge of auditing and explaining audit objectives and procedures.
8. Works closely with Audit Managers and Auditee to help ensure value added audit products.
9. And other duties as assigned.
• Significant experience (4+ years preferred) in internal audit, systems analysis, investigative techniques, accounting or general management. Oil and gas industry preferred.
• Audit experience (3 years required) with auditing for financial reporting, operations, compliance, fraud, the safeguarding of assets and SOX management.
• Strong analytical aptitude to analyze complex and often incomplete data gathered in audits.
• Experience with Electronic workpapers (AutoAudit or TeamMate), databases, and data manipulation (IDEA , ACL or Access). Experience with Oracle preferred.
• Well developed verbal and written communication skills. The ability to deal with people effectively to attain desired objectives in adversary as well as non adversary environment.
• Supervisory skills to provide guidance and work direction to assigned support auditors.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related degree required.
• Understanding of SOX, International Professional Practices Framework, and the Foreign Corrupt Practice Act required.
• Courses in auditing or computer science preferred.
• CPA or CIA required. CFE, CISA, and MBA preferred.