Skills: Process Engineer
Other Skills: Unconventional Gas, Shale, Gas Processing, Gas Plants
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Attractive salary and expat package
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Amec Foster Wheeler currently has a requirement for an Unconventional Gas Specialist to work on the Unconventional Gas Development Program in Saudi Arabia. This is a project for which we have been awarded contracts by our client for the provision of engineering and project management services. This position will be based permanently in our Saudi office in Al-Khobar.
The successful candidate will need to have hands-on process engineering experience developing facilities for full field developments, including well heads, gas plants and/or gas processing facilities, compressors, pipelines, storage and terminals. The nature of the Saudi fields means experience in the Texas shale fields (Eagle Ford, Permian, Haynesville, Granite Wash and Barnett) is essential, ideally on the Contractor side of the market.
The program covers current field development in three different parts of Saudi Arabia with potential further field developments to be added later as the Program develops and expands. The Unconventional Gas development program is focused on increasing gas production via the development of shale gas and tight gas resources in the Kingdom. The new sources of gas are intended to displace middle and heavy distillate fuels currently used in power generation within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Support the client's project manager to ensure that the program level directions, project goals and objectives are met
- Display a strong understanding and direct project experience of the specific design challenges associated with unconventional resources projects
- Lead and advise teams in the development of unconventional resources facilities concept designs
- Provide information on the North American unconventional resources industry, how it's developed and how key lessons learned can be incorporated into the development of the Saudi Arabian unconventional resources industry
- Display experience in the fluid characteristics and behaviour in unconventional resources field production
- Guide the client's strategy in unconventional resources
- Undertake the role of an advisor to the client, working alone and often presenting solutions to their top management on unconventional resources project development
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, whilst a Master of Science degree would be a plus
- Experience in the Texas shale fields (Eagle Ford, Permian, Haynesville, Granite Wash and Barnett) is essential, ideally on the Contractor side of the market
- The ability to demonstrate experience in specifying the surface facilities requirements for gas and gas / condensate resources in tight sand or shale exploited through fracking technology
- Experience of working for Contractors in this sector
- Knowledge of transportation, logistics, maintenance and operability considerations for unconventional gas surface facilities
- In-depth knowledge of the unconventional resources vendor and contracting market, including contacts that can be called upon in an established network, such as Exterran, Valerus, UOP, Ariel and Enerflex
- Proven experience interfacing with vendor equipment packagers
- Understanding of shale gas development challenges that typically impact project delivery and execution
- Proven knowledge of low cost, modular equipment packages and surface facilities typical in early development of shale and tight gas formations
- Operating or operations support experience is also helpful