Skills: Process Engineer
Other Skills: Unconventional Gas, Shale, Gas Processing, Gas Plants
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Attractive salary and expat package
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently looking for a Principal Process Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services for an Unconventional Gas Development Program in Saudi Arabia. We are committed to managing the program from our Al-Khobar office where the project management team will be based for the duration of the contract. This represents an excellent development opportunity for individuals interested to work in Saudi Arabia, with most assignments expected to be for at least one year's duration with the opportunity of further extension for the right candidates.
We have been awarded contracts by our client for the provision of engineering and project management services for their Unconventional Gas Development Program. The program covers current field development in three different parts of Saudi Arabia with potential further field developments to be added later as the Program develops and expands. The Unconventional Gas development program is focused on increasing gas production via the development of shale gas and tight gas resources in the Kingdom. The new sources of gas are intended to displace middle and heavy distillate fuels currently used in power generation within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Carry out process engineering design activities, following client standards and procedures to schedule and budget as advised by the project line manager
- Develop, review, and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations, process engineering datasheets and drawings to specify the process engineering requirements of our projects
- Supervise the work of your assigned reports on the project
- Remain up to date with the latest technical developments in your fields of expertise
- Demonstrate, provide and develop appropriate technical solutions for specific project issues
- Provide technical expertise and support to business winning activity as required
- Review and audit process engineering activity on projects and support internal development and continuous improvement activity as required
- Ensure the delivery of challenging project and client targets using sound technical knowledge and decision making skills
- Mentoring, coaching and development of junior staff
- Ensure Amec Foster Wheeler and Client Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all associated work
- Lead, coordinate and motivate small teams, plan work and provide clear technical direction
- Balance commercial and technical risk using acquired commercial acumen
- Seek the opportunity for corporate and project improvement and developing solutions
- Chemical Engineering degree is essential
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience
- Minimum of 10 years onshore gas processing / gas plant experience is essential
- Experience on the US Unconventional Gas and/or shale fields would be highly beneficial
- Standard modular design gas processing equipment for typical shale gas volumes, to include Gas dehydration (TEG, MEG, etc), Condensate Stabilization, Amine System, pumping systems, compressor systems
- Experience with common utilities typical for small shale gas volumes, to include skidded Instrument Air packages 200HP or smaller, diesel generation in 0.5MW or smaller, chemical injection in 10k wellhead service
- Commonly applied sulphur removal technologies and how they are used for varying concentrations of sulphur, to include Merox, Sulfatreat, Clause unit and tail gas treatment.
- Upstream produced water disposal, to include cleanup and reinjection, evaporation pond design or other treat and recycle technologies
- NGL recovery technologies and their application in an upstream, field environment as well as an optimized gas processing plant application
- Fixed bed mol sieve technology (dehydration and/or mercury removal).
- Other highly engineered gas plant processing equipment, to include demethanizer, de-ethanizer, NRU
- Wellhead production equipment and multiphase wellhead separation facilities
- Flowline design with expertise with high aromatic condensate and/or sour gas fluids. Experience with nonmetallic pipelines in either of these services is a plus
- Previous EPC / PMC experience is essential
- Proven process engineering design experience with technical safety and environmental aspects
- A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness
- Ability to impact and influence cross-discipline team members
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.