Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Other Skills: Unconventional Gas, Shale, Gas Processing, Gas Plants
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Attractive salary and expat pacjage
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently looking for a Mechanical Package Equipment Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services for an Unconventional Gas Development Program in Saudi Arabia. We are committed to managing the program from our Al-Khobar office where the project management team will be based for the duration of the contract. This represents an excellent development opportunity for individuals interested to work in Saudi Arabia, with most assignments expected to be for at least one year's duration with the opportunity of further extension for the right candidates.
We have been awarded contracts by our client for the provision of engineering and project management services for their Unconventional Gas Development Program. The program covers current field development in 3 different parts of Saudi Arabia with potential further field developments to be added later as the Program develops and expands. The Unconventional Gas development program is focused on increasing gas production via the development of shale gas and tight gas resources in the Kingdom. The new sources of gas are intended to displace middle and heavy distillate fuels currently used in power generation within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Basic engineering, calculation and equipment pre-selection reports for Package Equipment
- Preparation of Technical Specifications for Mechanical Equipment and Data Sheets, for Enquiry
- Provide technical support during equipment cost estimates / weight estimation
- Technical Evaluation / clarification of Supplier bids, plus the technical reports to support order placement
- Preparation of Equipment Technical Specifications for Order and estimates for engineering and design man-hours
- Review of Process Data Sheets and Supplier documentation for integration within Project design, such as GA / Details / Calculations / Fabrication Procedures
- Vendor Data Review/ Approval/Review Manufacturer Data Report (MDR)
- Project technical support - familiarity with risk assessments, design reviews, constructability, HAZOP, etc
- Inspection and construction support as necessary
- Technical comparison and evaluation of bids for compliance with requisition and applicable standards
- Technical supervision of supplier design and control of supplier interface (Interface with other disciplines, Technical support for installation and commissioning, Plan and monitor execution of equipment aspects of projects)
- Produce Quality Engineering deliverables / engineering service and meeting Client expectation
- Able to achieve project milestone / schedule, and business goals
- Fulfil QA /HSE aspects, with acceptable team-works
- Ability to lead / coach / guide young engineers
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.E. Hons or equivalent) and very fluent in professional English (oral/written) with good communication skills
- Twelve years of Design experience in various Package Equipment for Onshore / Offshore application i.e. Process Packages, Utility Packages, Material Handling Equipment, and Water Treatment/WWT experience
- Experience on the US Unconventional Gas and/or shale fields would be highly beneficial
- 10+ years gas processing / gas plant experience is essential
- Experience of pump selection and performance characteristics
- Good working knowledge of other Rotating Equipment
- Significant experience of Static Equipment, Pressure Vessels and Storage Tanks
- At least 5 years of experience in EPC Contracting work preferably in an Oil & Gas Environment in the Middle East will be an advantage
- Additional experience of compressors, steam turbines, gas turbines and other process plant machinery would be an advantage
- Be thorough with the standards and good engineering practices of international oil companies, in addition to international codes such as API, ASME/ANSI, NFPA, NACE, EN and ISO
- Computer literate within Microsoft Office
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.