Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Saudi Aramco, long known for its leadership in oil exploration, production, and refining, is seeking experienced professionals to join our growing Unconventional Resources (UR) program. We have an immediate requirement for an experienced Engineering Consultant - Instrumentation.
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to introduce new technology to enhance company profitability and productivity. You will be responsible for maintaining and incorporating new cost-effective solutions for designs through the Unconventional Resources Engineering Standards and Design Best Practices.
As a subject-matter expert you will represent UR in dealings with vendors, manufacturers, and/or design firms where expert instrumentation engineering advice is required. You will also be responsible for leading the team to develop full spectrum engineering standards for unconventional resources within the instrument engineering field.
One of your first tasks will be to work with design contractors to review spec sheets and support EPC contract design reviews. You will also be involved in FEED consultations.
You will have a bachelor's degree in engineering. A master's degree or a Ph.D. in engineering is highly desirable as well as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) license or registration.
You will have 15 years of professional experience in the field of instrumentation and control engineering, including 5 years as an engineer in charge of technical work in instrument engineering. Experience working with unconventional resources would be an advantage.
You will have achieved industry recognition through activities in professional societies and industrial organizations, such as ASME, ASCE, ASTM, API, NACE, SEI, and others. You will also be familiar with SCADA, DCS, and PCS systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide expert advice and assistance to the UR, outside vendors, manufacturers, and design firms on instrument engineering matters.
• Originate and carry out engineering studies to determine potential problems and remedies to existing problems, resolve complex technical problems, and review data sheets for instrumentation.
• Inspect installations in factories and in the field.
• Develop and maintain the UR engineering standards and design best practices,
• Develop and review material takeoffs and data sheets for instrumentation equipment.
• Evaluate and introduce best practices and new technologies from all over the world to help the UR to achieve best in class positions.
• Review and evaluate the capabilities of vendors and contractors to determine their acceptability to perform major services to UR. Act as the department representative in dealings with vendors and manufacturers.
There’s no better place to Dream Big than Saudi Aramco. As a global leader in the energy industry with over 54,000 employees, the sheer scope and scale of our operations – and vision – mean we can offer you the perfect environment in which to realize your career potential.
With a career at Saudi Aramco, a global leader in the energy industry, you’ll provide the invaluable support that keeps our business moving forward. From exploration and production to refining and distribution, the scale and complexity of our operations means your expertise will get the full exposure it deserves. So just imagine the possibilities for development. We have the model for generations of sustainable energy. But it all begins with a huge investment in your expertise. The limits to what you achieve are up to you.
Learn more about the amazing rewards, lifestyle and benefits that come with a career at Saudi Aramco.
Careers site for European & Asia Pacific applicants
Careers site for US & Canadian applicants