Wrexham, United Kingdom
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Wrexham, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler manages a number of projects to enable the distribution of gas to millions of homes and businesses across the UK. We are currently recruiting for a Reinstatement First Line Manager / Supervisor / Officer. This will be based at the Gas Distribution depot in Wrexham.
- To manage the delivery of all reinstatement works within their control and to ensure that the Alliance is compliant with all Wales & West Utilities (WWU) and Western Gas Alliance (WGA) procedures
- To undertake work on behalf of the Alliance in a sustainable, safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensure that reinstatement teams and support staff are compliant with their role
- Responsibility for on-site process safety, including employees and others affected by our work
- To assure accurate information on behalf of the Alliance
Planning, Monitoring and Responding
- Work within agreed processes to meet weekly reinstatement requirements within relevant NRSWA & regulatory requirements
- Support the ongoing delivery of reinstatement activities.
- Propose resources that are required, and deploy as appropriate to ensure that reinstatement works are delivered within time constraints and budget
- Monitor resources and workload and implement remedial steps where necessary, in order to achieve required output levels and targets
People & Leadership
- Adhere to and work within the Guiding Principles
- Build rapport and communicate with team members to develop and sustain a strong team ethic
- Deliver and attend team briefings and consultations, and provide feedback where appropriate
- Demonstrate high standards of visible leadership, and influence a positive and continually improving performance culture
- Support the effective implementation of the WGA Safety Management System (SMS)
- Ensure competent people are undertaking the work, e.g. authorised, inducted, developed and trained to the required standard. Ensure that STC and SCO matrix reviews are up to date
- Adherence to sickness absence management procedure (at initial stage)
- Follow disciplinary procedure (at initial stage)
- Ensure that all accidents, incidents, environmental events, damages, near misses and illnesses are reported and recorded within agreed timescales, and feedback is provided as required
- Support the investigation of injuries and incidents, and undertake the investigation of damages and near misses. Provide appropriate feedback to prevent future reoccurrences
- Support compliance with working time and restricted work requirements
- Participate in a standby rota, as required
- Supervise, as directed, the completion of reinstatement works
- Manage contractors working on behalf of the Western Gas Alliance
- Ensure that all works are undertaken with high regard for quality of workmanship and safety
- Ensure that the annual coring programme is delivered in a cost effective manner
- Respond to reported defects as required within agreed timescales
- Ensure reinstatement works are completed in accordance with set procedures and timescales
- Ensure works comply with regulatory standards of service and relevant legislation
- Ensure follow up and remedial work is requested, as necessary, in an accurate and timely manner
- Undertake on site safety and engineering compliance visits (QMS) and SCO Inspections, maintain records, and provide timely feedback to aid continuous improvement
- Review learning points from site visits/inspections/near misses, identify and share trends and ensure actions are taken to close out recurring issues.
- Work within agreed process to authorise out of scope works prior to completion, i.e. cut backs and depth issues
- Manage environmental aspects and impacts
Data Quality and Quality Assurance
- Ensure submission of all relevant records in a timely manner, and ensure copies are retained as appropriate.
- Ensure all relevant records / paperwork is accurately completed / updated and within tolerance, including signature where relevant
- Ensure that sufficient evidence for any valid anomalies or omissions is documented.
Financial & Commercial
- Ensure understanding of and work within the Alliance commercial framework
- Support the collation of information to facilitate the production of weekly cost and value reports for the in-house reinstatement organisation, if appropriate
- Demonstrate awareness and control of key cost drivers within the area
- Challenge Alliance spend and income to ensure that Operations budget is met
- Support and challenge other spend, where appropriate, e.g. tools, equipment and techniques
- Liaise with key stakeholders (externally and internally) to ensure targets are achieved
- Ensure that works are completed to the satisfaction of end users and members of the public
- Ensure complaints and other customer enquiry issues are dealt with within the agreed timescales
- Proactively seek and implement continuous improvement initiatives, and communicate across Alliance for wider implementation
- Support the introduction of new instructions, procedures and requirements and ensure that these are understood and adhered to
- Participate in the Alliance performance review process by agreeing your objectives with your manager within published timescales
Skills / Qualifications
- NRSWA Supervisor
- Previous experience as a Reinstatement Supervisor
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.