Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Seascale, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Quality Manager having specific experience in successfully developing and implementing the Management System (MS) in compliance with international and nuclear standards. Experienced in working within a multi-disciplined project team.
- Management and coordination of the project quality activities in line with project requirements
- Arranging and conducting predefined audits and associated verification activities
- Attending and providing update reports on the management system effectiveness at quality management functional meetings
- Ensuring procedures and management processes are maintained in line with corporate standard, participate in management assessments and customer feedback
- Conduct quality induction training
- Provide guidance and advice to project teams on quality issues
- Encourage LFE to aid continual improvement
- Ensuring all project documentation is kept up to date in line with overall project status.
- Conduct quality assessments of potential suppliers/sub-contractors
- Conduct audits and surveillance visits on suppliers and sub-contractors
- Close liaison with customer representatives on all project quality assurance matters
- Represent quality management during attendance at project meetings
- Development, preparation, issue and control of quality related project documentation
- Production of monthly reports
Support and provide responses to all quality and related questions for all Bids, as requested.
- Support and attend Project Opening Up meetings and associated client Quality Opening Up meetings as required.
- Establish excellent working relationships with the client Project Quality Engineer(s) and Project Managers, and the AFW Project Team personnel.
- Develop and maintain familiarity and application of all required systems, procedures and forms.
- Manage, prepare and achieve acceptance of all project quality documentation to meet client requirements, including:
Project Quality Plans, Inspection Test Plans as required
Supply Chain Proposed Controls
Supply Chain Maps as required
- Sub-Contractor Quality Plans and other required documents, including welding, NDT, paint procedures and qualifications.
- Develop and agree the LTR Index
- Undertake and lead appropriate project quality reviews, internally and with client, to ensure all documentation is being completed in line with the approved Quality/ITPs
- Support the maintenance of the Approved Vendor Listing by reviewing new vendor requests and conducting appropriate audits and reviews.
- Establish and maintain liaison with all significant suppliers and sub-contractors through initial opening and subsequent review meetings to ensure all specifications and procedures have been fully flowed down, understood and applied by the whole supply chain.
- Review and ensure that all Project Lifetime Records (LTR) are completed fully in accordance with standards and submitted for acceptance in a timely manner, and subsequently archived.
- Develop and manage all site-specific procedures and forms as required, and ensure ultimate integration within iMap, when available.Support all external auditing, which can be undertaken by senior AFW management and the Quality function, audit teams and LRQA.
- As a member of Sellafield Site Operations Lead Team, attend Leadership Team meetings, HSSEQ Forums and support the monthly high-level Project Review meetings.
- Continue active participation and representation in appropriate client Working Groups including the Supply Chain Development (SCD) programme, and Major Projects Group Quality Forum (including the Lifetime Records sub-group)
Skills / Qualifications
Suitably qualified and experienced, ideally educated to HNC level or equivalent, coupled with engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning experience together with an IRCA approved Internal Auditor qualification and be a member of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.