Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Senior S3D Piping Designer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Project Role – Appointed on a project as a senior designer-piping design with the prime objective of undertaking piping design, proving the layout in a given area, carrying production and checking of deliverables and supporting other aspects of the Piping and Plant Layout Group based on project requirements.
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical Design Ability – Detailed knowledge and proven application in all general piping design / layout aspects. Must be conversant in materials of construction, insulation and installed instruments commonly used. A thorough understanding of common equipment and routing of all major process and utility piping in accordance with P&IDs and project standards, including the understanding of impact of specific service conditions on piping design e.g., vibration, two-phase slug flow. Experienced in more complex piping systems such as lined and jacketed pipe and the impact of material supply and fabrication on piping design. Has developed basic understanding of stress analysis concepts and skilled in pipe support selection and capable of preparing SPS designs.
- Technical Expertise – An experienced member of the group, working towards appropriate institute membership. Confident in piping design and productive roles, with exposure across different project phases and various industry areas. Understanding of site-based design and construction support preferably through proven experience.
- Technical - Design Basis – Has a clear understanding of piping standards and details. Provides structured feedback on piping and layout standards through line manager or as appropriate. Supports preparation of project standards and procedures.
- Project Execution - Confident in producing and checking common piping deliverables including; isometrics, piping GA's, tie-in details and plot plans. Undertakes MTO and duties of other disciplines of the Piping and Plant Layout Group when necessary and assists with the preparation of presentation materials e.g. videos, animation, plant views. Proven experience of common CAD systems. Checking of any piping details as driven by the project requirements e.g. steam tracing, steam jacketing, drip legs, equipment trim. Prepares SPS details ready for checking by stress engineer.
- Managing Work and Performance – Possesses a positive work ethic with full commitment to delivery and works flexibly with the project, department and in assigned locations. Guides and support junior members and facilitates good working relationships within the team and extends that to our work share partners. Plans work effectively and obtains/provides information liaising with the project team and line manger in time, to control cost budget, man-hours and achieve targets.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.