Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Charlevoix, MI, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Power & Process is seeking candidates for the position of Electrical & Instrumentation Construction Manager for large industrial projects. Employees will be responsible for support of pre-construction activities, managing the field construction, change management and daily contractor operations. Travel is required for this job.
- Mange the Electrical & Instrumentation part of a project
- Review and assess relevant drawings, specifications and instructions for functional area of responsibility
- Assist the Site Manager with the development of an overall site program ·
- Be fully familiar with the sub-contractors methods of construction and procedures to resolve any conflicts
- Coordinate and report on weekly and monthly basis on all progress matters and problem areas
- Hold regular meetings with the Site Manager and contractors to review progress and resolve problems
- Ensure that the Amec Foster Wheeler Safety Program is adhered to at the site by all personnel
- Ensure adequate, qualified supervision and skilled labor resources are employed to meet schedule requirements
- Supervise the final assembly and preparation of project as built contract documents
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 5 - 15 years of experience in Industrial Construction
- Experience with Industrial projects
- Knowledge of Electrical & Instrumentation construction methods and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to supervise and train staff
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.