Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is a multi-disciplinary firm of consulting environmental scientists and engineers with offices throughout the United States. Amec Foster Wheeler’s Environmental and Infrastructure division is seeking a Senior Architect to join our Atlanta, GA office organization. The position will be on a full time regular basis.
The person will join a team of planners and landscape architects, and will provide support for planning and design efforts associated with military clients as well municipal, institutional and commercial planning and design efforts. Job requirements will include analysis of planning needs, preparation of draft and final plan documents and drawings, participation in site visits, potential assignments at client-owned sites to provide planning support services, development and management of virtual 3D models of client facilities, and other associated responsibilities for project coordination, recording and documentation.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Architecture field
- 15-20 years related experience
- Architectural Registration/Certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of Master Planning principles
- Excellent skills with computer applications, GIS, and visual communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Authorization to work in the US without sponsorship
- Masters Degree in Architecture
- Prior experience with military master planning
- Active Contractor Access Card (CAC) for CONUS military installations
- Prior experience with airport/airfield master planning
- Prior experience with SketchUp 3D modeling/visualization software
- Prior experience campus master planning and/or local government master planning
- Majority of work is completed in office/administrative environment
- May involve exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to move objects, including the human body
- Close, distance, peripheral vision and normal auditory function
Applicants are required to perform minimal background checks or investigations to include but not limited to those required to support CAC and introduction/entry/visitor request letters. National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) will be conducted to support the issuance of a CAC. A favorable determination from a NACI investigation and a complete FBI finger print check is sufficient for the procurement of a CAC card.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.