Skills: Project Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Transportation Senior Project Manager with a minimum of 15 years Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) roadway design and transportation engineering experience. The selected candidate will assume a key marketing position within our transportation group in a team-oriented environment. This individual must have an established track record of successful project engineering and management work with ADOT.
The successful candidate must have verifiable experience as a Project Engineer and Manager managing or coordinating projects with ADOT technical groups and Project Management Group. Roadway design experience must include hands-on technical design capabilities in rural and urban freeways, highways and arterials. Experience preparing Scoping Letters, Projects Assessments and Design Concept Reports is a plus. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work on and provide technical oversight on multiple projects with the desire and ability to deliver high quality client service and documents.
- Lead multi-discipline technical teams including roadway, drainage, traffic, landscaping, environmental, geotechnical, utility and right-of-way
- Manage project scope, schedule and budget
- Prepare project scope of work and fee estimates
- Work with and mentor junior and mid-level staff
- Interface with clients, project teams and other managers
- Work effectively with team members as well as independently
- Deliver high quality reports, plans, specifications and estimates
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- Registration as Professional Engineer (Civil)
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience with increasing levels of project complexity
- Proficiency in Microstation / InRoads software for roadway modeling
- Proficiency in MS Office application software such as Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Thorough understanding of ADOT design procedures & standards, standard details and specifications
- Proficient in the technical development of cost proposals
- Ability to assist or lead in the preparation of proposals
- Ability to apply engineering principles to define and solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.