Skills: Project Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Transportation Senior Project Manager with a minimum of 15 years Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) roadway design and transportation engineering experience. The selected candidate will assume a key marketing position within our transportation group in a team-oriented environment. This individual must have an established track record of successful project engineering and management work with ADOT.
The successful candidate must have verifiable experience as a Project Engineer and Manager managing or coordinating projects with ADOT technical groups and Project Management Group. Roadway design experience must include hands-on technical design capabilities in rural and urban freeways, highways and arterials. Experience preparing Scoping Letters, Projects Assessments and Design Concept Reports is a plus. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work on and provide technical oversight on multiple projects with the desire and ability to deliver high quality client service and documents.
- Lead multi-discipline technical teams including roadway, drainage, traffic, landscaping, environmental, geotechnical, utility and right-of-way
- Manage project scope, schedule and budget
- Prepare project scope of work and fee estimates
- Work with and mentor junior and mid-level staff
- Interface with clients, project teams and other managers
- Work effectively with team members as well as independently
- Deliver high quality reports, plans, specifications and estimates
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- Registration as Professional Engineer (Civil)
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience with increasing levels of project complexity
- Proficiency in Microstation / InRoads software for roadway modeling
- Proficiency in MS Office application software such as Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Thorough understanding of ADOT design procedures & standards, standard details and specifications
- Proficient in the technical development of cost proposals
- Ability to assist or lead in the preparation of proposals
- Ability to apply engineering principles to define and solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.