Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Calgary, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Oil & Gas in Calgary is currently looking to add a Senior Piping Designer to our team.
- Create and develop Piping 3D Models on SAGD projects
- Perform Clash checks
- Produce IFC isometrics equipment location plans and Area Plot Plans.
- Plot Plan development
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Piping Design
- 5+ years’ experience in an EPC environment with 5+ years’ working on SAGD projects
- Must have recent experience (within 6 months, or less) using Intergraph Smart 3D as a design tool
- Extensive experience with design of piping and layout of SAGD CPF plants and well pads
- Experience working in conceptual, DBM, FEED and detail engineering phases
- Sound knowledge of plant piping design and plant layout
- Knowledge of SAGD piping design practices as related to Central Processing facility and Well Pads
- Familiar with the full cycle of piping work processes from 3D model initiation to production of IFC drawings
- Sound understanding of work processes as they related to other disciplines
- Hands on expert in Intergraph “S3D” modelling software and 2D Microstation - Please specify software on which projects executed on
- Familiar with piping stress group requirements for piping design layouts
- Familiar with piping material requirements on SAGD projects
- Ability to work on fast track projects, support the piping lead in design optimization techniques and cost saving initiatives
- Proficient in use of SPR, creating display sets and ability to navigate 3D model
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.