Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
PETRONAS ICT Sdn Bhd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS), Malaysia’s fully integrated petroleum company. We are the digital technology enabler that supports PETRONAS to be a leading oil & gas multinational of choice. Our multinational workforce of more than 1,600 people deliver information and communication technology (ICT) solutions within PETRONAS in 65 countries, servicing more than 51,000 employees worldwide.
*The Employment Term & Conditions for jobs advertised may vary across the PETRONAS group of companies.
Executive, Service Desk Operations
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Minimum Qualification : Bachelor's Degree/Adv. Diploma
No of vacancies: 1
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or relevant field.
• Possessing a recognised IT Industry Certification is an advantage.
• Minimum of 2 years’ working experience in the Service Desk of a global ICT facility.
• In-depth knowledge of functional units and its operations.
• Must be willing to work on 24x7 rotational shifts including weekends and public holidays.
The System Support Engineer reports to the Senior Engineer of Systems Support (Team Lead). He / She is responsible to assist the Team Lead in running the Service Desk operations effectively by providing excellent, quality services to the users.
This position is based on a one year direct contract.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Be the first point of contact for users seeking support on ICT services.
• Provide first and second level ICT Service Desk support:
1. Answer and process client calls, emails and self-logged tickets on all IT related incidents, requests and enquiries.
2. Ensure all calls and emails are being logged into the helpdesk system with adequate and concise information for incident tracking, request management and problem management.
3. Make initial assessment of incidents, diagnose and resolve basic incidents.
4. Assess, verify and assign severity of incidents.
5. Resolve incidents on first call resolution and within agreed service level.
• Take ownership of the incidents / service requests and resolve in accordance with service level agreement, and escalate where necessary to the appropriate team based on established guidelines & procedures.
• Follow up on resolution and inform users on the progress status.
• Work with the team to achieve KPIs.
• Execute effective resolution of risks, issues, problems and incidents for the department.
• Liaise with other team members of the Service Desk and internal Service Provider to consistently deliver high quality service and strive for performance improvement.
• Assist in implementing effective knowledge database and ensure validity of content.
• Carry out responsibilities in line with PETRONAS ICT’s prescribed Incident, Request, Problem, Escalation and Change Management processes, and in particular with the requirements of ITIL implementation.
Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) is Malaysia’s fully integrated oil and gas multinational ranked among the largest corporations on FORTUNE Global 500. Operating our core business in the Upstream and Downstream sectors, we are present in more than 65 countries since first incorporated in 1974. We are among the top five oil and gas companies (in terms of production) and the most profitable company in Asia. We steadily drive for new solutions and continue pushing boundaries to manage new realities and add value to oil and gas resources in a manner that carefully balances commercial, environmental and social considerations. www.petronas.com