Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, LA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Rigger will be required to set up and maintain all rigging and equipment on vessels, barges, docks and platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Properly identify correct rigging according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Set up and inspect equipment, performs minor repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Assemble rigging to lift and move equipment/materials in worksite.
- Perform deck maintenance/cleanup as needed.
- Maintain rigging inventory for each vessel.
- Set up and brace hoisting equipment using hand tools or power wrenches.
- Ensure taglines are attached for all necessary lifts.
- High school graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- Six months to one (1) year related experience.
- Valid TWIC.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Rigger
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana
Job ID: 11187
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.