Skills: Contracts Engineer, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chesapeake, VA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
Prepares bid packages; analyzes and evaluates proposals; performs Price / Cost analysis; negotiates subcontract pricing, provisions and terms and conditions; performs supplier assessments and source selection; prepares and issues Purchase Order awards; administers and performs subcontract closeout; prepares and maintains required documentation for subcontract files. Works closely as a member of an integrated team comprised of Contracts, Engineering, Quality, Project Management and Program Management personnel; assists with defining requirements, conducting market research, and identifying sources. Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations (i.e., FAR / DFARS), and company policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop subcontract strategies and alternatives.
- Assist with the development of Statements of Work.
- Form and maintain professional business relationships with subcontractors.
- Develop procurement solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- Identify risks and opportunities, perform risk analysis, and develop mitigation plans for subcontracts.
- Develop and execute procurement plans within budget and schedule constraints for the manufacture of materials (i.e., special components and replacement / repair items for submarines and ships), services and rentals.
- Conduct make or buy analysis.
- Manage and resolve subcontractor performance issues with non-conforming material and/or services.
- Execute all aspects of the subcontract purchase order process from cradle to grave.
- Negotiate and obtain best pricing for long term rentals and services agreements.
- Document subcontract files to include price/cost analysis, source determination, and price reasonableness to ensure compliance with CPSR requirements.
- Reconcile vendor invoices to ensure they are correct for work completed and payments are in accordance with the agreed upon terms.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the integrated team.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related field. Knowledge and understanding of relevant Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) / Defense Federal Regulation Supplement (DFARS) is required. Experience in the use and requirements of various federal subcontract types including Firm Fixed Price, Time and Material, Labor Hour, and Cost Plus. DOD/US Navy supply and procurement system experience desired. Personal computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel required. Experience with PeopleSoft software system and databases related to purchasing and expediting orders desired. Must have a strong ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Buyer II - Subcontracts Specialist
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Job ID: 11210
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.