Skills: Corrosion Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Fort St.John, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Corrpro Canada is looking for a temporary Corrosion Technician I to join our team in Fort St. John, BC from October- December 2016.
Corrpro Canada, an Aegion Company, is Canada's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure.
- Plan and perform duties such as testing, evaluation and installation of cathodic protection systems to inhibit corrosion on various structures
- Work with specific objectives and instruction from senior staff on customer drawings and specifications
- Conduct various specific test procedures to gather data for evaluation purposes
- Gather structure-to-soil potential data, soil measurements and rectifier data
- Sketch rectifiers, anodes, test stations, and other design features on prepared drawings
- Assist senior personnel in the preparation of survey reports and final job reports
- Sketch physical features of installation site for subsequent detail
- Organize and reduce data gathered, prepare charts and tables
- Assemble data for preparation of final client report including service recommendations
- Solve and make corrections to systems as approved by supervisors
- Recommend modifications as needed
- Provide maintenance of field test equipment, ensure good operating condition and render minor repairs
- Effectively transfer knowledge to other employees and clients
- Technical Engineering Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous Oil & Gas field work experience
- Previous experience working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- NACE CP1 preferred
- Rectifier training considered an asset
- Able to travel and work overtime
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Class 5 driver's license (non-GDL) or equivalent, with acceptable driving record
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and medical testing
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.