Sugar Land, TX, US
Sugar Land, TX, US
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Sugar Land, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Lead Chemist in our Energy Services - Research and Development group located in Sugar Land, Texas. If you are a dedicated individual with a proven track record of success we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering competitive base rates and benefits
Location: This position will be located in Sugar Land, Texas. However for the first few months you will be required to work in Fresno, Texas.
The Drilling and Cementing group in WellChem Technologies is in search of candidates for a Researcher position in its Sugar Land Campus in Texas. The ideal candidate should have experience with drilling fluid formulation, characterization, as well as the development of drilling fluid additives. Experience in research project management, and working cross-functionally with different teams is highly desired.
- Support the 'Goal Zero' safety program and underlying principles. Perform work in a safe manner while identifying opportunities for improving safety.
- Perform laboratory research work in the areas of drilling and completion fluids.
- Manage different research projects, and collaborate with other members of the group to manage lab workload.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team environment with cross-sectional groups.
- Provide technical support to Sales and Marketing: Manage technical service request as subject matter expert in drilling fluids.
- Collaborate with peers across the different research groups, to generate ideas that can translate into innovation for drilling.
- Develop proficiency for processes and programs such as SAP as they apply to product development and maintenance.
- Design appropriate experiments to better understand drilling additives and evaluate additive performance. Demonstrate proficiency in interpreting and understanding lab and field test results that apply to the associated area.
- Support field activities through troubleshooting, product quality & recommendations and occasional plant or field visits as necessary.
- Provide training to junior researchers in new techniques and procedures related to mud testing. Work actively to improve laboratory safety and productivity.
- Write and present technical recommendations or test results to a wide range of audiences, including industry conferences and workshops.
M.S or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials Science or Chemical/Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 3+years of general industrial work experience, and direct experience in drilling mud component testing, development, application and recommendations
- Experience in the development of drilling fluid additives, and the required testing to prove performance
- Understanding of laboratory to field scales up process.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of drilling mud technology at a molecular component level and a complete fluid level with respect to the combined physical/chemical interactions of key materials which support technical mud performance
- Excellent project management skills: Be able to own/manage projects from ideation/initiation, through the development phase, and ultimately to commercialization
- 5+ years' experience of general industrial work experience and direct experience in drilling mud component testing, development, application and recommendations
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) are essential. Experience in effectively communicating with customers, peers and subject matter experts. Prepared to present at industry conferences and workshops
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2015 sales of $13.5 billion and 47,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com.