Phoenix, AZ, US
Phoenix, AZ, US
Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Progressive Global Energy is looking to hire an Electrical Designer for a substation project in Phoenix, AX. The designer will be responsible for performing physical design on various high-voltage (69-550kV) substation projects. If you are interested in the position, please view the specification below and submit your resume for review.
*Please do not call in response to this message, I will respond to your updated resume within 24 hours.
Company Name: Contract through Progressive Global Energy
Job Title: Electrical Designer
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Target Hourly Rate: $30-35/hr
Per Diem: No
Working Hours: Fulltime
Contract Length: 12 Months to extension
Duties/responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare/create a full range of construction documents for the installation of new, or modifications of existing, substations. Work includes bill of materials, yard layouts, plans, sections and electrical details;
- Provide engineering and construction support for projects;
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with project manager and others as needed;
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members;
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of one's work;
- Able to execute assignments with minimal guidance;
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in physical design of air or gas insulated substations.
Knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Substation physical layout and electrical clearances;
- Substation raceway design;
- Relevant codes and standards such as NEC, NESC, IEEE, NEMA and ANSI.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and to coordinate the work of various engineering disciplines and contractors to complete an integrated project.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field. Must have mastered detailing skills and have demonstrated basic knowledge in design, calculations and design systems.
- Proficient in at least one type of CAD system and capable of working in other software packages when necessary. Routinely uses higher-level commands, time saving programs and routines.
- Previous consulting, utility or field experience desirable.
- Valid driver's license required.