Skills: Materials Management , Supply Chain Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler, a recent winner of the Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award for 'Best Place to Work in 2016 - UK Category',is looking for a Material Controller to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen for a duration of 12 months.
You will join the Supply Chain Management (SCM) function which is responsible for the end to end management of the external supply chain in the provision of equipment and materials provided by third party suppliers in the execution of Projects. Working closely with our Customers, Project Management and Engineering to mitigate any risks in the supply chain and maximise the opportunities to aid excellence in Project Delivery, in terms of technical assurance, cost, schedule and delivery of the purchased supply. The disciplines covered include Purchasing, Expediting, Logistics, Materials Management and Supplier Quality Inspection.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Work with Expediting function and suppliers to ensure safe and timely delivery including issue of Material Movement Tickets (MMT’s)
- Provide Forward Schedule Analysis (FSA) reports to all project team
- Liaison with planning and construction to ensure material availability against Work Pack/Job Card
- Co-ordination of third party inspection requirements (e.g. rental plant and equipment).
- Verification, inspection (as required) and receipt of all project material
- Allocation of bin location and storage of project materials and update of systems accordingly
- Ensure all materials are clearly labelled with PO number, Client Ref number and quantity
- Liaison with logistics personnel to ensure timely shipment of materials to relevant site(s)
- Commitment to and promotion of Amec Foster Wheeler’s values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience in dealing with commissioning materials
- Experienced in the control and management of materials from receipt at warehouse through to distribution to required site location
- Experience in administration/coordination as opposed to hands on materials management
- Good working knowledge of material systems, process controls, warehousing and logistics within the oil and gas industry
- Good knowledge of legislative requirements for onshore materials management
- Competent in maintaining and updating project reports accordingly
- Ability to identify oil and gas project materials and equipment
- Experience in the handling, storing and preservation of oil and gas project materials and equipment
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply to Job' button below.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.