Las Condes, Chile
Las Condes, Chile
Skills: Asset Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Las Condes, Chile
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is a focused supplier of high-value consultancy, engineering and project management services to the world's oil and gas, mining, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. With annual revenues of over C$9 billion, Amec Foster Wheeler designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs over 40,000 people in around 50 countries worldwide. Find a company with a progressive culture that makes it stand out from the crowd – one that delivers excellence to its customers by believing in its people, never compromising on safety and always acting with integrity.
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Mining & Metals business performs EPCM services for many of the world’s leading mining companies and is executing several world-class open-pit and underground mining projects on five continents.
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Mining & Metals business currently has an opportunity for a Principal Underground Mining Engineer to be based in Santiago, Chile. This person will report to the Santiago Consulting Manager. The candidate will have responsibility for designing and leading underground mine design and planning projects for our clients.
As the Principal Underground Mining Engineer, you will:
- Prepare proposals for underground mining studies
- Serve as project manager for multi-discipline consulting projects and manage client communication during execution of studies
- Direct and mentor junior technical staff in execution of underground studies
- Ensure completion of studies on budget and with a high level of quality
- Support group business development and grow client relationships
- Maintain a personal utilization of at least 75%
- Work alongside other consulting areas and engineering disciplines
- Collaborate with other global Amec Foster Wheeler offices in staffing and execution of mining projects
- Regular travel will be required in country and outside Chile
Skills / Qualifications
- A minimum of B.Sc. Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Professional registration an ability to serve as a Qualified Person or Competent Person
- 15+ years’ experience in operations and engineering roles of increasing responsibility in the mining and consulting industry with focus on underground mining.
- Operational experience in underground mine operations.
- Knowledge of diverse mining methods
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English and Spanish
- Project and engineering management experience
- Budgeting, estimating, and scheduling experience
- Familiar with mine planning software such as Vulcan, Gemcom, Datamine, PCBC, or Mine 24D and Deswik for underground projects
- Willingness to travel
Amec Foster Wheeler offers excellent salaries and benefits as well as the opportunity to contribute to major, complex projects around the world.
If you are an experienced leader in underground mining consulting shape your future with Amec Foster Wheeler – visit our website to apply
Somos una empresa que favorece la igualdad de oportunidades y que reconoce el valor de la diversidad en sus equipos de trabajo. Todos los candidatos con la cualificación adecuada serán considerados para oportunidades de empleo sobre la base de criterios objetivos y sin tener en cuenta lo siguiente (que es una lista no exhaustiva): raza, color, edad, religión, sexo, origen nacional, discapacidad, orientación sexual, identidad de género, condición de veterano protegido u otras características, de acuerdo con la legislación vigente.