Skills: Chemical Engineering, Corrosion Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: West Chester, PA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Corrpro Companies, Inc. is looking for a NACE Corrosion Engineer II.
Corrpro, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is among the world's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure. For more details, visit www.corrpro.com
- Review preliminary data, discuss objectives and expectations, and suggest appropriate engineering methods and procedures for Cathodic Protection projects
- Develop detailed Cathodic Protection system designs for customer projects
- Apply knowledge of basic engineering principles and corrosion theory to execute projects or complete various aspects on projects
- Provide technical supervision and technical assistance to other divisions within the company
- Conduct various field tests (e.g. structure potential, soil resistivity, current requirements, etc.)
- Organize and reduce data gathered, prepare charts and tables
- Prepare CP designs, specifying anode type, quantity, and location; rectifier location, test station locations and other design features on prepared drawings
- Diagnose and remedy system difficulties during resurvey operations
- Conduct post installation survey
- Prepare final client report including service recommendations
- Conduct interference testing and coordinate bonding with client and affected companies
- Participate in sales activities as needed
- Pursue Professional Engineering registration
- Report findings and recommendations and cost estimates for additional engineering services
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical, Electrical, or Materials Engineering or related
- EIT, preferred
- NACE CP Technician (Level II) Certification preferred
- 3 years related corrosion experience
- Must have project management and problem solving skills
- Strong team and internal customer service skills required
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to travel as needed
Corrpro Companies, Inc. offers Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more
Equal Employment Opportunity. Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.