Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech, Laborer, Oiler, ROV Ops / Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hamilton, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging career in the construction industry? Would you like to work with a leading edge, dynamic company that offers career advancement? Insituform Technologies Limited is looking for an experienced construction labourer based out of Hamilton, Ontario.
Insituform Technologies Limited, an Aegion company, is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of water and sewer pipeline rehabilitation and protection. Insituform technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional "dig and replace" methods. For more information, visit www.insituform.com.
- Work effectively with supervisors and all members of the crew to ensure successful rehabilitation and repair of a variety of sanitary and storm water lines.
- Driving and backing up various trucks (1 tonne pickup, Flusher, CCTV Truck, Boiler, Refer and Vactor).
- Unloading and setting up traffic controls, safety equipment, and CIPP installation equipment.
- Direct operators of equipment that uses air pressure to invert liner down the manhole, through the sewer line, out the exit manhole, and then pump steam through the line to harden/cure the liner.
- Manhole entry to assist in the process, physically going down the manhole to cut out the excess liner and remove it.
- Ensure the site is left clean before the crew leaves.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Employees comply with all government and corporate safety procedures and ensure staff compliance.
- Experience working in a physical labour position and/or outdoor construction experience preferred.
- Ability to work out of town, approximately 50% travel.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to enter and work in confined spaces.
- 1st Aid, CSTS, TDG, Confined Space and WHIMIS Safety Tickets an asset.
- DZ or AZ license or willingness to obtain DZ within 90 days of starting work
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.