Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Supervise the completion of preservation activities to ensure plant and equipment remains in good condition and is operable for the duration of the project offshore
- Be an integral part of a multi-disciplined, integrated commissioning team safely & effectively executing equipment preservation
- Liaise directly with other working groups, Contractor or Subcontractor counterparts to ensure effective preservation is completed across all required interfaces
- Ensure the Preservation Supervisors and Team Leaders are informed of progress and issues throughout all project phases
- Complete Preservation check sheets to demonstrate compliance to the preservation Strategy / Execution Plan and assure integrity of plant and equipment
- Other preservation related activities as requested by the Preservation & Cleanliness Manager/Engineer
- Lead and demonstrate excellent personal HSSE (Health, Safety, Security & Environmental) behaviours at all times and ensure that the project safely delivers quality
- Hands on role providing direction/assistance to all facilities preservation personnel ensuring a high level of focus is maintained on HSSE including companies 8 Golden Rules
- Ensure field preservation activities are executed in a safe and effective manner in accordance with the agreed Safe System of Work
- To verify preservation work is carried out during storage at the dedicated warehouse
- To supervise the completion of Preservation work during offshore
- Construction, Commissioning and for handover to Operations including job planning (ensuring adequate access and supply of tools and materials to execute the job)
- Liaise with the Guidance on Certification (GoC) database coordinator to ensure accurate Preservation records are maintained
- Supervise and audit Construction & Commissioning Resources to ensure de-preservation / re-preservation is properly implemented and recorded:
1. On installation
2. During Commissioning
- Monitor and control the use, storage and safe disposal of preservation chemicals and materials
- Lead a team of Preservation Technicians on the platform to ensure Preservation activities are executed consistently with the Preservation Strategy / Execution Plan
- Monitor equipment to ensure correct preservation activities are being implemented and recorded during all phases of the project
- Monitor construction/completion of equipment and systems ensuring preservation compliance against the approved supplier's preservation procedures
- Work closely with 3rd party contractors providing services and supplying materials or equipment for preservation
- Liaise with other disciplines to ensure safe completion of preservation activities
- Implement and Maintain a Preservation Records System to demonstrate compliance to the preservation Strategy / Execution plan and assure integrity of plant and equipment
- Contribute to the internal and external project team
- Ensure Preservation Observations are closed out satisfactorily
- Fluent in English language - spoken and written
- Can demonstrate good HSSE behaviours and understanding relating to work in the Oil & Gas industry
- Awareness of safety culture on offshore platforms for the Oil & Gas industry
- Experience of supervision / leadership of multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in relevant discipline for position and understanding of how equipment can be damaged
- A proven decisive and proactive team player with effective communications skills
- Job planning and resolution of issues to enable work to be safely implemented
qedi is a technology driven engineering company specialising in the provision of mechanical completion and commissioning services for large CAPEX projects and operational assets. Our global track record demonstrates reassurance in providing specialist Completions, Commissioning and flawless start-up services to companies within the Oil and Gas Industry and their major contractors.
The company’s commitment to research and development, continuous improvement and investment into new technologies has cemented qedi as the market leading provider of Technical Integrity Technology and specialist personnel for the management of Greenfield and Brownfield projects Worldwide.
qedi’s GoTechnology® suite of applications are now well accepted as the market leader and are embedded as corporate technology within International Oil and Gas companies and the leading Engineering and Procurement Contractors.
As a valued partner of the global Oil and Gas majors, with extensive experience in FPSO’s, Subsea, Pipelines, Offshore and Onshore Production Facilities, qedi are committed to HSEQ, training and the innovation of services and products ensuring our position as an international market leader in our sector.
In early 2011, qedi was acquired by AMEC, the leading supplier of high-value consultancy, engineering and project management services to the World’s Oil and Gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, water and environmental sectors. Being part of the AMEC group allows qedi to gain access to AMEC’s global networks and customer relationships, retain our independent position and cement our market leading position.
qedi’s offices are positioned globally in Oil and Gas ‘hot spots’ to provide engineering support, technical expertise and immediate response to our ‘in country’ offices.