Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, Project Management
Other Skills: IT infrastructure
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Township of Welch, MN, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Location(s): MN - Welch
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow?- A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you-re looking for.
Responsible to analyze and define technical solutions or recommend process changes to meet business needs for smaller projects or applications. Responsible for strategy and application management of large and complex customer initiatives, larger projects or applications. Supports fit gap analysis by creating necessary artifacts and communications results to team members and stakeholders. Manages process for large applications. Maintains strong business acumen and relationships.
- Demand Manage - Manages demand for most critical and complex applications or areas of infrastructure including prioritization, release management, and requirements definition. Ensures proper alignment of business requirements to new/existing infrastructure or information systems solutions. Analyze user's business needs and make analytical decisions about how applications should function. Determines, develops, and approves functional specifications, documents requirements, manages scope, and coordinates for justifiable solutions.
- Business Process Analysis - Develops expertise on business process and business area assigned. Creates artifacts and workflows to support communicating current and future process, assists with defining business change. Assists with production issues identification, investigation and resolution.
- Requirements Management - Elicits high level requirements using interviews, documents, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios competitive product analysis, task and work workflow analysis. Gains approval for business and technical requirements.
- Strategy & Planning - Manages development of IT strategy workshops to support end to end strategy planning. Collaborates with BUs to document key business objectives and strategy to support development of IT technology plan and portfolio. Works with vendors to align their application strategy with IT technology plan. Understands application technology foundation and aligns it into IT technology plan.
- Regulatory Support - Supports organizational and regulatory initiatives and directives. Understand and works to implement necessary procedures required to facilitate completion of operational changes. Supports application audits.
- Application Support - Ensures effective/efficient application delivery and support. Drives quick resolution of application issues in partnership with support teams and IOC. Fosters application life cycle management to ensure current and cost effective portfolio. Ensures seamless application transition from project to production.
- Relationship Management - Responsible for strategic management of key customer relationships. Communicates effectively with senior management, key leadership, business peers, IT peers and vendors. Maintains effective working relationships with customers, project teams, subject matter experts and internal IT support teams.
- Bachelor's degree in business, IT or related field or equivalent experience.
- Eight yrs application or IT infrastructure support.
- Demonstrated strong business and technical acumen, in depth knowledge of one or more core applications.
- Excellent relationship management, facilitation, project management, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build subject matter and tools expertise, drive consistency in processes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills required.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of Nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- MN - Welch
Xcel Energy is a major U.S. utility which serves more than 3.5 million electric customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight states.
Our mission is to provide clean, safe reliable energy to our customers through a mix of sources including wind, solar, hydro, coal, nuclear and natural gas.