Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrument & Controls Engineer, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brush, CO, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location(s): CO - Brush
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
Xcel Energy has an Instrument & Control Tech TA position open for our Pawnee Station location in Brush, CO.
1. Perform installation, maintenance, calibration, testing, troubleshooting, configuration and repair of power plant instrumentation and process control systems, including CEMS.
2. Perform testing required by Plant Operation, regulatory requirements; review, prepare and submit records in support of these activities.
3. Specify and initiate purchase requisitions in support of the above.
4. Maintain accurate records.
5. Perform equipment and/or system upgrades with latest technology for plant optimization.
6. Train apprentices.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Two year certificate from vocational technical institute in electronics or instrumentation, or company approved equivalent training and/or experience.
3. Must have NICET Level II or company approved equivalent certification.
4. Two or more years troubleshooting and repairs to the component level of electronic/industrial instrumentation desired.
5. Four or more years previous power plant instrumentation or equivalent experience required.
6. Must have completed the approved apprenticeship training or company approved equivalent.
1. Scheduled and emergency overtime is required.
2. Must possess the skills needed to respond to back shift callout for unsupervised work.
3. Traveling to other sites may be required.
Steps in Xcel Energy-s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy-s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
- As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- CO - Brush