Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Identification of equipment storage and preservation requirements from vendor / project procedures
- Population of the Completions Management Database with preservation activities
- Production and issue of preservation schedules and liaison with construction / commissioning personnel with regard to the correct and timely completion of these
- Maintenance of the Completions Management Database, including updating of the database and preservation completion records
- Control of change to the Completions Management Database in line with project change control procedures
- Adherence to all applicable site/project safety procedures and active participation in all company/project safety initiatives
- Production of preservation status reports for project team
- Direction of Technicians in the execution of preservation workscope
- Safe completion of equipment preservation activities in field
- Identification and sourcing of preservation spares, materials and consumables
Other Duties may include -
- Provide input into execution of preservation audit reviews
- Liaison with procurement in the purchase of preservation spares, materials and consumables
- Provide input into safety reviews / walk-rounds
- Minimum 2 Years post apprenticeship / training current relevant experience
- Familiarisation with the completions process and associated completions management software (WinPCS, Mancon, EDS etc)
- Experienced in the production of procedures and reports
- Good knowledge of O&G related HSEQ safe working practices / procedures
- Offshore experience in a similar role
- Multi disciplined background (Electrical / Mechanical)
- Recognised Apprenticeship (Electrical or Mechanical background)
- C&G in appropriate discipline / ONC
- Appropriate documented evidence confirming trade
- QEDi Mandatory Training (Induction, risk awareness etc)
- IT Literate (Excel / Word / Powerpoint etc)
- BOSIET / Medical
- Manual Handling
qedi is a technology driven engineering company specialising in the provision of mechanical completion and commissioning services for large CAPEX projects and operational assets. Our global track record demonstrates reassurance in providing specialist Completions, Commissioning and flawless start-up services to companies within the Oil and Gas Industry and their major contractors.
The company’s commitment to research and development, continuous improvement and investment into new technologies has cemented qedi as the market leading provider of Technical Integrity Technology and specialist personnel for the management of Greenfield and Brownfield projects Worldwide.
qedi’s GoTechnology® suite of applications are now well accepted as the market leader and are embedded as corporate technology within International Oil and Gas companies and the leading Engineering and Procurement Contractors.
As a valued partner of the global Oil and Gas majors, with extensive experience in FPSO’s, Subsea, Pipelines, Offshore and Onshore Production Facilities, qedi are committed to HSEQ, training and the innovation of services and products ensuring our position as an international market leader in our sector.
In early 2011, qedi was acquired by AMEC, the leading supplier of high-value consultancy, engineering and project management services to the World’s Oil and Gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, water and environmental sectors. Being part of the AMEC group allows qedi to gain access to AMEC’s global networks and customer relationships, retain our independent position and cement our market leading position.
qedi’s offices are positioned globally in Oil and Gas ‘hot spots’ to provide engineering support, technical expertise and immediate response to our ‘in country’ offices.