Skills: Process Engineer, Subsea Engineering
Other Skills: FEED, SURF, OFFSHORE, OIL AND GAS, CO-ORDINATION
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory Malaysia, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Malaysia
MCDERMOTT is a world-class engineering, fabrication, project management and marine installation contractor. We've has been providing service to and building well-rounded careers in the global offshore oil & gas industry for more than 50 years. Our projects range from deep water subsea facilities to the largest and most complex oil & gas production systems in the world. With operations in Louisiana, Texas, Mexico, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, we can provide you with a world of experience. Our global presence provides tremendous opportunity worldwide. Join our team of extraordinary professionals committed to project execution excellence.
As McDermott employees, our mission is to exceed the expectations of our customers and shareholders in creating the most capable, principled and creative offshore engineering and Construction Company in the world. As a result, we will lead the markets in which we choose to participate. We will accomplish our mission through our talented and culturally diverse People, our commitment to Integrity and through our Performance in delivering the world's most challenging projects.
Why Join McDermott?
McDermott vision is to be the premier leader of the global offshore engineering & construction industry through innovative technology, fabrication and marine installation services, while achieving the highest industry performance in safety, quality and ethics.
Inspired by our core values, united by our unique capabilities and can-do spirit, we consistently delve deeper and stretch further to take on the most complex challenges.
For more information about McDermott please visit: www.mcdermott.com
At this stage, we are particularly looking for a Subsea Process Engineer
Location: KLCC Area, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Duration: 1 year
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: Regular hours, 5 days per week, Monday to Friday
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please complete the below information and forward it to us along with your updated CV, Diplomas, Certificates and References.
· 6+ yrs in oil and gas with major contractor or consultant predominantly performing detail design of offshore facilities.
· Strong working knowledge of many design techniques and analysis methods, and detailed knowledge of the content and application of standards, codes and guidelines as applicable for offshore.
· Perform conceptual, FEED, Studies, and detailed analyses and design as per design basis, project specifications, design codes and standards.
· Apply knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations.
· Prepare clear and accurate detailed design calculations and analyses including design reports and procedures.
· Manage own time to meet agreed deadlines and budgets, and develop plans for short-term work activities in own area.
· Clearly communicate and explain complex issues and work to establish understanding.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
· Be fully familiar with the project scope of work, specifications, schedule and all inter-discipline requirements; including identifying concerns as early as practicable and taking appropriate initiatives to address the issues.
· Identify changes to scope and promptly raise change notifications, including providing any necessary supporting documentation and estimates. Provide similar support for Variation Orders.
· Interface with all disciplines to develop clash free designs.
· Interface with other departments to obtain input for Discipline designs and drawings.
· Maintain close co-ordination with other engineering disciplines, Planning, Fabrication, Marine, and Project Management Team, as required.
· Document substantive communications (communications that result in significant decisions or assignment of actions) and forward copies to Discipline Lead Engineer and Discipline Manager.
· Assist in preparation of estimates for bid proposals, including technical query reviews, execution statements and man-hour estimates.
· Raise technical queries to obtain missing information, clarify work scope, and to maintain preferred McDermott procedures, specifications, standards, practices and operational requirements.
· Prepare Discipline engineering design basis, philosophies, and technical specifications, as required.
· Participate in finalizing deliverables lists and deliverables, ensuring compliance with specifications and functional integrity.
· Attend project review meetings, vendor meetings, engineering meetings and offshore site surveys, as required.
· Provide technical direction and review of Designers producing products related to Process Engineering.
· Prepare and review design reports and procedures.
· Assist in providing necessary design inputs to other disciplines to enable them in proceeding with their deliverables.
· Assist procurement personnel in procuring Discipline equipment, materials and services; ensuring that work produced complies with Customer objectives and procedures. Procurement assistance includes preparing and reviewing requisitions, evaluating technical quotations and preparing queries, compiling bid tabulations and recommendations, preparing purchase requisitions, and coordinating with Procurement to expedite vendor documents, as directed by Discipline Lead Engineer.
· Assist in updating weight report based on receipt of vendor information.
· Check engineering performed by others within Discipline.
· Review vendor and subcontractor submittals, checking for compliance with project specifications and providing comments as necessary.
· Perform design verification through single-discipline check I inter-discipline check (IDC).
· Provide technical support to all fabrication queries, including identifying defect I rectification requirements.
· Keep the Lead Engineer apprised of all activities and concerns, technical, budgetary and manpower related.
· Assist in providing inputs for actual, planning and forecasting progress reports including associated productivity.
· Check final subcontractor and vendor data manuals to ensure that all requested data has been received and approved.
· Participate in internal, Customer and third party technical audits on engineering deliverables and vendor documents.
· Assist Lead Engineer with responses to Customer and other agencies (such as certifying authorities, auditors, third parties, etc.) on their review and approval.
· Capture lessons learned and enter into MDR's Lessons Learned system. Capture Knowledge Objects and enter into MDR's K.now system.
· Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
· Guide less experienced engineers on MDR and Discipline procedures, standards, worksheets, design calculations, software, requisitions, technical bid evaluations, technical queries, etc.
· Be aware of costs related to own work and of the discipline.
Responsible for preparing I checking the following key deliverables, applicable as per the Project scope:
o Process simulations I heat and material balance.
o Process flow diagrams (PFD).
o Piping and instrument diagrams/mechanical flow diagrams (P&ID/MFD) .
o SAFE charts.
o Process safeguarding diagram.
o Equipment and instrument process datasheets.
o Process specifications.
o Operating philosophy and startup and operating manuals.
o Equipment list (process data).
o Line list (process data).
o Flare radiation and dispersion calculations.
o Depressurization and flare network study.
o Equipment and line sizing calculations.
o Fluid lists.
· Review process information in supplier/vendor data for conformance with project requirements.
· Provide process assistance to other disciplines by performing IDC I providing inputs as required for the following activities:
o Layout review
o Area classification drawings
o Safety studies
o Electrical load list
o Equipment datasheets
o Instrument datasheets
o ESD and F&G logic diagrams and control narratives.
· Provide technical co-ordination with outside agencies for third party studies.
· Provide assistance to pre-commissioning and commissioning on process related site queries.
· Assist in close out of HAZOP action items.
· Process studies.
· Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering (Master Degree is Preferred)
MPH group was founded in 1985 in France and our Middle East office was set up in 2001 and headquarters in Dubai, UAE. MPH Global services was formed as a result of the merger between MPH and ASSYSTEM.
Dedicated to providing technical expertise for oil and gas (onshore and offshore), Naval, Construction, Health Safety & environment, renewal energy, nuclear and water treatment industries, Our key strength lies in our ability to mobilize highly skilled technical professionals, within a short span, regardless of the location or time.
We are spread around the globe with full-fledged offices in all strategic locations. Our worldwide presence enables us to be in a better position to cater to our client’s requirements from our talent pool comprising of wide range of nationalities and expertise.
We invest in amazing global talents and focus on retaining them, so that the skills and experience gained by our consultants from the various client projects stay with us and can be utilized by our clients. We at MPH, achieves the same by offering our consultants long-term career and professional development.