Sweeny, TX, US
Sweeny, TX, US
Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Other Skills: control systems, electrical, instrumentation, engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sweeny, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER
· Long Term Need
· 9-80 Work Schedule
We're looking for a Control Systems Engineer to support projects by specifying and ensuring the programs and configurations are correct. The Control Systems Engineer who will be responsible for:
· Specifying and verifying the programs and configurations are correct.
· Specifically supporting projects.
· Supporting the development of the instrument index and helping maintain the list through the course of each project phase.
· Supporting P&ID development and helping maintain the P&ID's through the course of each project phase.
· Supporting the development of material and labor cost estimates.
· Supporting the development of engineering and design effort hour estimates.
· Developing instrumentation and control systems engineering and the design scope of work documents for project.
· Supporting incorporation of control systems content into mechanical equipment vendor packages.
· Coordinating with process engineers in order to obtain process data for use in specifying tagged field instruments.
The ideal Control Systems Engineer will have:
· Honeywell TDC 3000 and Experion experience.
· 3-5+years of experience on large capital projects, from project inception to startup.
· 3-5+ years of experience in oil & gas, refinery, petrochemical, and/or polymer plant design.
· Current working knowledge of EPC work processes, cost control, scheduling and administrative practices as well as familiarity with the various project phases and the scope/deliverables required for each.
· A thorough understanding of P&ID's and presentation techniques.
· Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
· Strong experience in safety systems, projects, modifications, instrument engineering and field engineering.