Salt Lake City, UT, US
Salt Lake City, UT, US
Skills: Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineer
Other Skills: process, chemical, engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
PROCESS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER NEEDED FOR SALT LAKE CITY
· Long Term Need
We need a Process Development Engineer who will be responsible for:
· Completing detailed engineering resulting in complete "Issued for Construction" drawings that maintain the design against the prior stage definition and overall project goals and objectives for execute stage.
· Providing support for project pre-Startup review and Startup.
· Organizing and conducting unit performance tests in order to determine if benefits are realized.
· Providing support to process design evaluations and potential changes should the project not deliver project goals and objectives.
· Support project closeout activities such as drawing as-builts and MOC closeout.
· Providing assistance in conducting lessons learned or look-back analysis on project performance.
· Reviewing technical and scope documents needed to appropriately support process engineering oversight of assigned projects.
· Providing leadership to the development and maintenance of the PFD's, P&ID's, Control Narratives and Cause & Effect documents from initial design, through PSM activities (such as HAZOP, LOPA, Alarm Rationalization, and other similar reviews), through detailed engineering and finally through construction and commissioning.
· Providing leadership to the development, maintenance, and overall quality and accuracy of other typical process engineering deliverables as a minimum including Process Design Basis, Heat and Mass Balances, Process Simulations, equipment sizing and design, ISBL/OSBL interface conditions, and other items relevant to assigned projects.
· Providing process engineering technical leadership and answering questions from Engineering Contractors', technical disciplines and most specifically the process engineering discipline in order to verify clarity and accuracy of the design against the project goals and objectives.
· Proactively engaging with process engineering SME's, local and corporate environmental, and local operations to insure scope clarity and accuracy against project goals and objectives; proactively support technical management and communication to these project stakeholders
· Proactively provide technical guidance to Engineering Contractors' associated with assigned projects, especially to process engineering topics.
· Proactively engaging in the scope development and continuing into detailed engineering with the goal to discover and resolve potential issues as early as possible.
· Keeping the engineering contractor working efficiently by demonstrating urgency to resolve open issues and action items most specifically assigned to the process engineer.
· Producing engineering designs for projects on Capital Plan to improve safety, operation, maintenance, and profitability of refinery within department standards and environmental regulations.
· Providing engineering support for environmental permitting.
· Working extended hours, including nights and weekends in process operations environment and during periods of inclement weather.
· Accessing areas of refinery requiring use of stairs and/or ladders to inspect critical process and mechanical equipment including periods of inclement weather.
· Responding to upset conditions during off hours.
The ideal Process Development Engineer will have:
· 15 - 20 years of experience.
· BS in engineering related field.
· Good projects experience including start-up.
· The ability to help trouble shoot issues that may arise.
· The ability to assist with buying equipment.
· The ability to assist with assuring the design is in line with scope.
· The ability to support by helping gather information and being the interface between the EPC firm and the plant.