Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Other Skills: instrumentation, engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
INSTRUMENT ENGINEER NEEDED
Houston, Texas Location
· Lots of Travel
We're looking for an Instrumentation Engineer to support the lubes and blending division from the corporate Houston office but with lots of travel to sites throughout Texas and the U.S.
The Instrument Engineer will be responsible for:
· Developing and implementing instrumentation projects with a focus on level instrumentation on tanks.
· Facilitating and coordinating projects focused on improved level measuring with some possible exposure to flow instrumentation.
· Facilitating the improvement of the instrumentation equipment class.
· Acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the equipment class with a strong knowledge of the application and interpretation of company and industry standards of that class of equipment.
· Proactively seeking instrumentation reliability improvements directed at increasing plant measurement accuracy.
· Providing quality control and design reviews of new projects which involve instrumentation equipment.
· Working in a team environment with other engineering disciplines, operations, and mechanical personnel.
· Tracking, evaluating, and reporting key performances indicators for the equipment class and analyzing any improvement opportunities.
· Provide troubleshooting assistance
· Providing Root Cause Failure Analysis expertise and support as needed for equipment failures.
The ideal Instrumentation Engineer will have:
· 5+ years of experience.
· BS in a related Engineering field.