Skills: Inventory Control, Materials Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Gray, LA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The main function of a warehouse worker is to receive, store and issue materials, equipment and other items from stockroom, warehouse or storage yard.
Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
• Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
• Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
• Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
• Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
• Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
• Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
• Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
• Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
• Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
• Verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Team player and detail oriented.
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
• Coordinates with QA/QC when material inspection and/or document review is needed.
• Coordinates transportation of material to other locations as needed; maintains records of transfers; maintains trucking log. Performs bagging and tagging of material for designated project schedule activities; coordinates shipment of bag and tag materials to KOS.
• Able to operate a forklift and become certified to operate at the facility.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• 5-7 years experience required.